Cabela’s Club Mastercard review
Earn 2x points and enjoy price matching at Cabela’s brand stores.
- If you frequently hunt, fish or camp, this card could be an excellent addition to your wallet. To make the card worth it though, you must spend up to $25,000 or more every year on gear.
- Get this card if you spend a lot of money on hunting, fishing and camping purchases.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% intro APR period or you don’t shop at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 2x
16.74%, 19.74% or 25.74%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||$20 off your first Cabela's purchase upon approval|
|Rewards||2x points at Cabela’s stores, Cenex locations and Bass Pro Shops and 1x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||16.74%, 19.74% or 25.74% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||16.74%, 19.74% or 25.74% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Cabela’s Club Mastercard credit card has a $0 annual fee and a rewards program with 2x points at Cabela’s stores, Cenex locations and Bass Pro Shops, and 1x points on all other purchases. If you spend $10,000 annually (Silver cardholder) or $25,000 (Black cardholder), your rewards rate at participating scores may increase to 3x and 5x points respectively. However, you can only redeem your points for purchases at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops.
Another perk is the $20 bonus toward Cabela’s gear. You get another $10 once you make at least five purchases within 30 days of card membership. As a cardmember, you get access to member-only offers and events, and the APR for the store’s purchases is 9.99% fixed.
Overall, if you love hunting, fishing or camping and you spend up to $25,000 or more every year on gear, this card could be an excellent choice. But if you spend less than $10,000, you won’t get much more value than you’d otherwise get with other cashback credit cards.
How to apply for the Cabela’s Club Mastercard?
- Visit Cabela’s website and click the Cabela’s card banner.
- Click Learn more and then Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with the required information.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chance of approval with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Cabela’s Club Mastercard benefits
Cabela’s Club Mastercard drawbacks
Participating locations for accelerated points
You earn 2x points on purchases made at the following locations:
- Cabela’s retail locations and restaurants
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bass Pro Fitness Festival
- Bass Pro Shops resorts: Big Cedar Lodge, Big Cypress Lodge and Dogwood Canyon
- Tracker Marine Boat Centers
- Metro Rod and Reel Repair
- Wildlife Creations Taxidermy
- Angler’s Inn
- Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium
- Worldwide Trophy Adventures
Compare store credit cards
If this credit card isn’t right for you, there are plenty of other store credit cards to choose from. Consider which stores you shop at the most and the benefits you are looking for in a credit card, such as a 0% APR intro period. Compare your options to find the store credit card that’s best for you.
The Cabela’s Club Mastercard credit card can be a solid option only if you spend up to $25,000 or more at participating stores. Otherwise, additional rewards credit cards offer the same rewards rate.