Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard® review
A no-annual-fee card with accelerated points for purchases at this popular retailer.
- Get this card if you often shop at Brooks Brothers.
- Pick something else if you want a higher rewards rate on other categories of purchases.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 630 or higher.
Up to 4x
15.99%, 18.99% or 22.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Deal hunters who often shop at Brooks Brothers stores may find the Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard® useful. Off the bat, you get accelerated rewards points on store purchases, but you can boost that rewards rate even higher if you reach elite status tiers. In addition, you get perks such as free shipping, a $20 birthday gift annually and a signup bonus.
But if you’re looking to carry a balance interest-free or make balance transfers, this card may not be a good choice.
How to apply for the Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard®
You must be at least 18 years old, but 21 in Puerto Rico, and a US citizen to apply for the card. If you meet these criteria, here’s what to do:
- Visit the Brooks Brothers website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Apply for a card.
- Once you’re on the Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard® page, click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with your personal and financial information.
- Review the application form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Improve your chances of approval with a fair credit score of 630 or higher.
- Signup bonus. Get 15% discount on your Brooks Brothers purchases for the first month of card membership. Plus, get a $20 rewards card when you make your first purchase outside of Brooks Brothers stores.
- Reward points. Earn up to 4x points on your Brooks Brothers purchases and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Status tiers. Boost your points per dollar on your Brooks Brothers purchases by reaching a status tier. Spend $750 in a calendar year to earn 5x points on Brooks Brothers purchases instead of the standard 4x. If you spend $1,500, earn 6x points.
- Brooks Brothers perks. Get free shipping in the US on web and phone purchases, a $20 annual birthday gift, exclusive cardholder events and more.
- No annual fee. The card comes without an annual fee.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period. If you’re looking to save on interest with a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, you won’t find it here. Instead, consider a 0% intro APR credit card if that’s what you need.
- Foreign transaction fees. You’ll pay a 3% fee of the amount of each transaction made abroad or online with foreign merchants.
- Limited redemption options. You can only redeem your points as rewards toward your Brooks Brothers purchases.
Did you know: You can earn accelerated rewards on Brooks Brothers purchases with other credit cards.
You can also use other credit card shopping programs to earn accelerated points toward Brooks Brothers purchases.
Compare store credit cards
If you often shop at Brooks Brothers and you’re looking to get the highest value, the Brooks Brothers Platinum Mastercard® could be worth considering. You get a solid rewards rate for purchases made at the store and free shipping and exclusive cardholder events.
But if you want a higher rewards rate on other categories of purchases or a variety of redemption options, compare other credit cards.