We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore Santander Bank’s suite of bank accounts
Offers a range of checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses.
What banking products does Santander Bank offer?
Why should I open an account at Santander Bank?
In addition to standard account features like mobile banking and FDIC-insured deposits, Santander Bank has:
- Interest-bearing checking account options. Santander’s Premier Plus and Select checking accounts accrue interest.
- Instant card hold feature. Put a lost or stolen card on hold instantly through the Santander Bank mobile app.
- Signup bonuses. Business checking accounts have signup bonuses ranging from $120 to $650 and some personal savings accounts have promotional interest rates for the first six months of account opening.
What should I look out for?
If you plan on opening an account with Santander Bank, keep the following in mind:
- Mediocre interest rates. Santander’s interest rates are higher than most traditional banks but still lower than others.
- Monthly fees. While most fees are waivable under certain conditions, you’ll pay anywhere from $3 to $75 a month for most accounts.
- Regional bank. While you can bank online, branches and network ATMs are concentrated in the Northeast and Florida.
Compare with leading bank and credit union accounts
Santander Bank customer service
There are three ways to get in touch with Santander Bank:
- Call 877-768-2265 daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET
- Complete the contact form on its website
- Visit a branch location near you
Bottom lineSantander Bank’s wide selection of checking and savings account options may be a good fit if you live in the Northeast or Florida, but others may find its lack of branches and ATMs, average interest rates and monthly fees limiting.
If more accessibility, fewer fees and a higher APY is what you’re after, shop around for other bank accounts.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.