Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card Review
For great cashback rates on foreign and local online transactions plus a range of discounts and offers, consider applying for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card.
The Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card rewards you with 3% cashback when you buy online in a foreign currency and all vPost spends, 2% cashback when you spend online in Singapore dollars and 1% cashback elsewehere.
Read on to find out more about Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card’s specially negotiated perks and discounts.
S$0 annual fee for 2 years - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card|
|Reward||Up to 24.2% petrol savings at Caltex stations.|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to S$250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of S$50 or 1%.|
Zyane Tan is an associate editor at Finder. An experienced copywriter and content creator, Zyane enjoys writing on a wide array of subjects. When she’s not busy typing away, she’s reading and musing over a pint.
Additionally, it offers a number of flexible options to help you manage your finances. Finally, keep in mind that cashback is capped at a total amount of S$60 per month.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- Cashback on your transactions. Pay online for goods in a foreign currency and enjoy 3% back on your transaction. Local online transactions qualify for 2% in cashback, while local in-store spend qualifies for 1% cashback. You can receive a maximum cashback of S$60 per month..
- Sign-up offer. Receive up to S$220 cashback when you apply via Myinfo and make one eligible transaction. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 June 2021.
- Caltex 2021 Promotion. Up to 20% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2021.
- Price guarantee. Items you buy online qualify for a price guarantee. If you find an item you’ve purchased cheaper elsewhere, Standard Chartered will refund you 50% of the difference if you notify the bank within 30 days.
- Card-specific discounts and perks. The Spree Credit Card qualifies you for exclusive offers at a selected range of merchants, including discounts from 5% up to 25%, depending on the merchant.
- Pay in instalments. Make a transaction at qualifying merchants and you can arrange to repay your transaction over 36 months without paying any interest. Just request the Standard Chartered instalment plan when you pay.
- The Good Life. Standard Chartered has negotiated special offers and discounts at over 3,000 merchants throughout Asia. You can enjoy discounts on your restaurant bill, privileges at hotels and much more.
Features of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
Cashback is the central feature of this credit card, but keep the following features in mind when you’re comparing the card against other cashback cards.
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of S$192.60 and waivable in the first 2 years.
- Cashback cap. The maximum cashback is S$60 per month.
- EasyPay. Transactions above S$500 qualify for EasyPay, where you can opt to repay your payment over six or twelve months without any interest charges. You just pay an initial set-up fee of 5%.
- Contactless Payment.The card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay, which makes paying at a merchant as simple as tapping your phone on the card reader.
- PIN-free transactions up to S$100. Enrol your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make easy and secure payments just by tapping your phone on the card reader. Alternatively, tap your physical card on the reader thanks to Visa payWave.
- Additional cardholders. Maximise your cashback opportunity by adding friends or family as additional cardholders to your account.
- Funds transfers. You can transfer funds from your card and pay 0% interest for three to twelve months, although a one-time processing fee of 0.7% or 4.50% applies.
The Spree Credit Card offers a decent cashback rate, but make sure you compare the card against other cashback credit cards to see which card offers the best return on your spending habits.
You will need to meet the following criteria before applying:
- You must be between 21 and 65.
- You need to have an income of S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners need to earn S$60,000 p.a.
- Q Pass holders need a minimum of two years validity.
- You must be a resident of Singapore.
- You need to have a good credit history.
- You will have to show ID, such as an NRIC or a passport.
- You will need to provide your income and employment details.
- You will have to show proof of your income.
- You will need to send a copy of your employment pass.
Think about applying for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card if you regularly spend online as this will maximise your cashback. You get a range of benefits and discounts as well.