For great cashback rates on foreign and local online transactions plus a range of discounts and offers, consider applying for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card.
The Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card rewards you with 3% cashback when you buy online in a foreign currency and all vPost spends, 2% cashback when you spend online in Singapore dollars and 1% cashback on all other retail transactions.
The card features many specially negotiated discounts at specific merchants, including Singapore Post, Lock+Store, vPost and SmartPac. Currently, you can receive up to 19.78% off when you pay for fuel at any Caltex service station.
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card|
|Reward||Up to S$60 cashback monthly with no minimum spend|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to S$250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of S$50 or 1%.|
|Go to site|
This is a good choice for a credit card if you frequently order goods online at overseas merchants, where you get 3% back. Local online transactions earn a 2% cashback rate and most other transactions will earn at least 1%. However, cashback is capped at a total amount of S$100 for the entire promo period
You don’t need to do anything to get your cash rebate as it is simply applied to your credit card bill at the end of the month. The Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card also entitles you to discounts and benefits at a range of merchants, which could be of real value. Finally, this card offers a number of flexible options to help you manage your finances.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- Cashback on your transactions. Pay online for goods in a foreign currency and enjoy 3% back on your transaction. Local online transactions qualify for 2% in cashback, while local in-store spend qualifies for 1% cashback. You can receive a maximum cashback of S$100 for the entire promo period.
- Sign-up offer. S$80 cashback to new cardholders. S$20 cashback to existing cardholders. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 September 2019.
- Price guarantee. Items you buy online qualify for a price guarantee. If you find an item you’ve purchased cheaper elsewhere, Standard Chartered will refund you 50% of the difference if you notify the bank within 30 days.
- Card-specific discounts and perks. The Spree Credit Card qualifies you for exclusive offers at a selected range of merchants, including discounts from 5% up to 25%, depending on the merchant.
- Pay in instalments. Make a transaction at qualifying merchants and you can arrange to repay your transaction over 36 months without paying any interest. Just request the Standard Chartered instalment plan when you pay.
- The Good Life. Standard Chartered has negotiated special offers and discounts at over 3,000 merchants throughout Asia. You can enjoy discounts on your restaurant bill, privileges at hotels and much more.
- Caltex 2019 Promotion. Up to 19.78% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2019.
Features of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
Cashback is the central feature of this credit card, but keep the following features in mind when you’re comparing the card against other cashback cards.
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of S$192.60 and waivable in the first 2 years.
- Cashback cap. The maximum cashback is S$100 for the entire promo period
- EasyPay. Transactions above S$500 qualify for EasyPay, where you can opt to repay your payment over six or twelve months without any interest charges. You just pay an initial set-up fee of 5%.
- Contactless Payment.The card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay, which makes paying at a merchant as simple as tapping your phone on the card reader.
- PIN-free transactions up to S$100. Enrol your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make easy and secure payments just by tapping your phone on the card reader. Alternatively, tap your physical card on the reader thanks to Visa payWave.
- Additional cardholders. Maximise your cashback opportunity by adding friends or family as additional cardholders to your account.
- Funds transfers. You can transfer funds from your card and pay 0% interest for up to six or twelve months, although a one-time processing fee of 1.99% applies.
The Spree Credit Card offers a decent cashback rate, but make sure you compare the card against other cashback credit cards to see which card offers the best return on your spending habits. If you’re ready to apply, click the green “Go to Site” button to start the secure Standard Chartered application.
You will need to meet the following criteria before applying:
- You must be between 21 and 65.
- You need to have an income of S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners need to earn S$60,000 p.a.
- Q Pass holders need a minimum of two years validity.
- You must be a resident of Singapore.
- You need to have a good credit history.
- You will have to show ID, such as an NRIC or a passport.
- You will need to provide your income and employment details.
- You will have to show proof of your income.
- You will need to send a copy of your employment pass.
Think about applying for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card if you regularly spend online as this will maximise your cashback. You get a range of benefits and discounts as well.