Consider a Warehouse Money credit card and choose between 5% off your shopping at The Warehouse or the option to earn rewards everywhere you shop.
Do you regularly shop at The Warehouse? Warehouse Money offers two credit cards. One offers a permanent 5% off whenever you pay at The Warehouse, and a second card earns you rewards wherever you pay, including a higher rewards rate when you spend at The Warehouse.
Started as a joint venture with Westpac, but now wholly owned by The Warehouse Group, Warehouse Money offers credit cards that can help you get more out of your money, without paying an annual fee.
finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Credit cards on offer from Warehouse Money
Every little bit helps when managing your finances and Warehouse Money offers a choice of cards that can help you get a bit more out of your spending. If you regularly shop at The Warehouse you can enjoy a generous 5% off with the Warehouse Money Visa Card, or you can easily redeem the reward earnings on your Purple Visa Card. Here’s an overview of each:
- The Warehouse Money Visa card. This red card offers you an instant 5% off your shopping at The Warehouse. Your 5% discount also applies to items already discounted but some exclusions apply. You won’t get the discount when you buy gift cards for example. A Warehouse Money Visa Card also qualifies you for a range of discounts at other leading retailers throughout New Zealand.
- The Purple Rewards Visa card. Earn rewards with the Purple Visa Card almost every time you pay. Each $150 of credit card spend earns you 1 Purple Dollar, while shopping at The Warehouse earns you 2 Purple Dollars for every $150 spent. You can redeem your Purple Dollars at The Warehouse where each Purple Dollar is worth one New Zealand dollar in rebates.
Benefits of using Warehouse Money cards
- No annual credit card fees. None of the Warehouse Money credit cards charge an annual fee just for keeping an account open. You also save on annual fees when it comes to additional cardholders as these cards are offered free of charge too. With a Warehouse Money credit card you only pay for what you spend, plus any interest and charges that your balance accumulates.
- Earn discounts at The Warehouse. Regular shoppers at The Warehouse will appreciate the choice between a card that offers a permanent 5% off, and a card that earns rewards which can be redeemed at The Warehouse. A Warehouse Money card is a good way to reduce the amount you pay when you shop at The Warehouse.
- Interest-free period of 55 days. Your Warehouse Money credit card can give you up to 55 days of interest-free credit, as long as you always clear your full credit card bill on time. As there is no annual fee this means that you have the potential to use your Warehouse Money credit card for payments, and never pay back anything over and above the actual purchases you made.
- Widely accepted, including overseas. Issued on the Visa payment network, your Warehouse Money credit card is accepted wherever you see the Visa logo. This includes millions of points of sale terminals around the world as well as both local and overseas online stores.
- Contactless payments. It’s easy to tap and pay with your Warehouse Money credit card. You don’t need to use your PIN for smaller transactions, you can make a payment using contactless technology. Just touch your card on the card reader to authorise a transaction.
How can I apply for a Warehouse Money credit card?
If you’re attracted to the fact that Warehouse Money credit cards carry no annual fee you can apply for a card using the easy online application form on the Warehouse Money site. Keep in mind that there are other credit cards on the market with no annual fees, so look at those too before you decide to apply.
- Age. Minimum age for applicants is 18.
- Residential status. Only citizens of New Zealand or permanent residents can apply.
- Minimum income. Warehouse Money states doesn’t set a minimum income requirement, but you are required to have a steady income to be eligible to apply.
- Credit history. You will only be approved for a credit card if you have a good credit history.
Necessary documents and information
- Identification. Either a driver’s license or your passport will be sufficient as proof of ID.
- Income details. Keep ready all details on any income you receive from a regular source, including your main employment.
- Expenditure details. You’ll need to supply full details of regular expenses.
- Email address. Since Warehouse Money will communicate with you electronically, you need a valid email address so you can get information about your card.
Frequently asked questions about Warehouse Money credit cards
The Warehouse Money credit cards charge no annual fees and offer you something extra if you regularly shop at The Warehouse. See the FAQ below if you have any questions, or complete the form at the end of the page if you need to know anything else.
Final comments on the red and purple cards
Applying for a Warehouse Money credit card is a good idea if you already do a lot of shopping at The Warehouse as this offers you the best way to maximise the rewards or discount benefits of the card. The zero annual fee on Warehouse Money credit cards is also attractive, but you should always compare the Warehouse Money card against other zero annual fee cards.