Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How do Ace Hardware rewards work?
Earn points when you shop tools, equipment, yard supplies and more.
Ace Hardware has over 5,000 locations throughout the US, many of which are independently owned and operated. Handy folks near and far can earn points when they sign up for Ace Rewards — but only at participating locations.
At a glance
- $5 reward for every $250 spent
- Get $5 just for downloading the app
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more
- Not every Ace location participates
- Rewards expire after four months
Compared to Home Depot and Lowes — two main competitors — Ace Rewards wins because of that $5 reward, which neither Home Depot nor Lowes offers. Also, we like that most Ace locations are owned by local entrepreneurs. So even though it’s a national brand, you still support a small business when you shop your neighborhood Ace.
Plus, it’s free, and your points never expire. That said, only select Ace retailers participate in the program, which could be a bummer if your local Ace has opted out.
How does Ace Rewards work?
With Ace Rewards, you earn 10 points for every $1 spent when shopping online, through the app or at a participating retailer. After you earn 2,500 points, it gives you a $5 reward, which you can apply toward a future purchase online or in store.
- Simply put, you get a $5 voucher after spending $250.
Rewards are issued on Mondays based on your account balance on the Sunday before. It issues the reward digitally and notifies you via email. If you haven’t used it after a month, Ace sends you a physical voucher in the mail.
Find a location that offers Ace Rewards
Use Ace’s store locator to find an Ace Hardware near you that participates in the rewards program.
- Go to acehardware.com/store-locator.
- Enter your city, state or ZIP code.
- Click Filter stores by…
- Under Filter by program, click Ace Rewards.
Then, it shows you a list of Ace stores where you can earn and redeem points.
How do I use Ace Rewards?
To use Ace Rewards, sign up for an account. You can do this in-store or online:
- Go to Ace Hardware’s website or open the app.
- Click Join Now, then Join Ace Rewards, I love rewards!
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your email and choose a password.
- Enter your address and phone number.
- Read and agree to the policy privacy and terms.
- Click Create Account.
After you sign up for an Ace Hardware rewards card, here’s how to earn points:
- Shop online. You must log in to your Ace Rewards account to earn points while shopping online.
- Shop in-store. Either present your Ace Hardware rewards card at checkout or provide the cashier with your phone number.
After you make a purchase, points should be awarded to your account within five business days. If you think the points were incorrectly credited to your account, call the customer service team at 888-827-4223 and have your receipt handy.
- You can apply more than one $5 voucher to a single purchase. So if you spend $500 on equipment and get two $5 rewards, you can combine both to get $10 off your next purchase.
How can I check my points balance?
You can check your Ace Rewards balance by logging in to your account, online or through the app. If you shop in-store, we recommend asking the cashier to look up your account balance, as it’s not typically printed on receipts.
Ace Rewards Premier
If you spend more than $750 in a year, your account upgrades to Ace Rewards Premier status. This means you get exclusive deals and coupons in the mail, but that’s pretty much the only perk.
Drawbacks to Ace Rewards
We combed through the fine print and nailed down a few caveats to keep in mind:
- Ace Rewards is only available at participating retailers — and not every Ace-branded location
- Rewards cannot be applied to liquor, tobacco, firearms, fuel, gift cards, rentals, lumber and building materials, city licenses/permits or city trash bags.
- You won’t earn points on taxes, shipping, handling or delivery charges.
Also, even though points don’t expire, your $5 reward expires after four months. So if Ace isn’t a regular stop for you, don’t forget to visit and redeem your reward before your four months are up.
Current Ace Rewards deals
Ace Rewards is a no-risk way for frequent shoppers to rack up points and earn rewards on home maintenance and improvement staples. But if you don’t care to sign up for a rewards program or the Ace near you doesn’t participate, you could browse one-off coupons and deals instead.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How do AutoZone rewards work?
Earn credits while taking care of your vehicle.
How do CVS rewards work?
Learn how to get up to 10% in rewards with the loyalty program at CVS.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
How do Staples rewards work?
Get up to 5% back in rewards cash and free shipping.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Earn 1.5% in Bitcoin with new Bitcoin Rewards Checking account
Earn 1.5% in Bitcoin on all eligible debit card purchases with this crypto rewards checking account.
How do New Balance myNB rewards work?
Get $5 for every $100 you spend on this popular fitness brand.
How do Petco cash rewards work?
All the details about Petco’s rewards program — and how to get $5.
Is MyPoints legit?
Here’s how many points it takes to nab that Amazon gift card.
Is Swagbucks legit?
Here’s how much you can earn using Swagbucks.
Ask an Expert