If you’re looking for money, a direct deposit short term loan could be what you need.
Short term loans, also referred to as payday loans, can give you quick access to money when you need it. With advancements in technology, you can expect access to your approved funds sooner than ever.
Thanks to the Automated Clearing House (ACH), an electronic network for financial transactions in the US, a short term lender can deposit approved funds into your bank account rather giving you a check.
There are a number of short term lenders who offer online loans, and most providers rely on direct deposits to get funds to their customers. You’ll usually apply for these loans online, and you will have to provide details of an account that accepts direct deposits.
- Easy online application
- Quick approval
- Fast funding
- Long repayment terms
OppLoans Installment Loans
Installment loans with competitive rates from a top-rated direct lender.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: 1 business day
- Loan term: 9 to 36 months
- Must have direct deposit and meet minimum income requirements
How does a direct deposit short term loan work?
Online short term loan providers rely on the ACH system to disburse funds and collect payments. When get a direct deposit short term loan, you’ll have to include your routing number and account number. The lender will use these details to transfer money into your account.
The lender relies on the same information when your payment is due. They request the funds from your bank account on the due date. This can be a problem if you don’t have enough money in your account as the bank could charge you an overdrawing fee while the lender charges you a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee. Before taking out a loan, make sure you’ll have the ability to repay it on time.
A selection of direct deposit short term loans you can apply for
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state.
Features of direct deposit short term loans
Not all short term loans are the same. These are the features you should look for when comparing your options.
- How long it takes to receive your loan. After it’s initiated, a direct deposit takes hardly any time to go through, so even small variances in processing time make a difference. Short term lenders do not take the same amount of time to process applications, and many don’t work outside of business hours or weekends.
- The loan amount. You can borrow different amounts depending on state laws and your eligibility, but short term loans typically come with low minimum amounts.
- Fees. While state regulations oversee the administration of payday loans, you still have to pay attention to the fees charged over the course of the loan. Keep in mind these fees will vary considerably between lenders.
- Store locations. This isn’t a concern if you’re applying online and want to receive your loan and make repayments via direct deposit, but if you want to deal with your short term lender in person, its network of store locations will be a relevant factor.
Benefits and drawbacks
- Multiple options. There are plenty of lenders who offer direct deposit short term loans, and people who don’t want to carry out extensive research on their own have the option of turning to loan-matching agencies to apply.
- Apply from anywhere. As long as you can provide the required information, all you need is access to the Internet to apply for a direct deposit short term loan.
- Freedom in spending money. You can spend the funds you receive from a short term loan for just about any legitimate purpose. You can use this money to pay bills, to travel or to simply get by until your next payday.
- Need a bank account. You need a bank account that is authorized to receive direct deposits. Your lender relies on this account to send you your loan and collect your repayments.
- High fees. Short term loans tend to charge higher fees when compared to other loans, both in upfront and ongoing costs.
- Disreputable lenders. Although there are plenty of lenders who are trustworthy, there are some who prey on people with financial issues. Check with your local government to make sure the lender you apply with is abiding by state laws.
Is there anything you should avoid?
- Avoid borrowing more than you can afford. If you feel you might not be able to repay a loan on time, avoid taking one out in the first place. A late or missed payment could lead to additional and costly fees.
- Avoid skimming the loan offer document. Before you accept the loan, take time to go through its terms and conditions carefully. This should give you a clear picture of the fees and charges you might have to pay under various circumstances.
- Avoid bad terms. If you have a loan offer that is extremely costly and full of fees, you’re under no obligation to accept the terms. There are lender-matching services that can help you find a better loan.