Bowen insurance review
Meet your friendly North Carolina agent from a top-rated local company.
- Apply if you prioritize stellar customer service.
- Pick something else if you prefer managing your account yourself.
- Those who live in North Carolina can apply.
|States served||North Carolina|
Depends on provider
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Depends on provider
- Highly praised by customers
- Works with top insurers
- Serves as an Erie local agent
- Competitive rates
- Only serves North Carolina
- No online account management
- Online quotes for Erie auto policies only
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Paid in full discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
Sarah George is an insurance writer at Finder who’s penned over 400 articles, unraveling complicated topics about car, home and life insurance. Her insurance know-how has been featured in online publications, including Breeze, CBS, CNET and Reviews.com, as well as Finder’s YouTube channel. Sarah is working to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).
Bowen Insurance Agency is a broker with a top customer reputation in North Carolina, working with reputable insurers like Erie and Progressive. If you live in the area, consider getting a quote here and then double-checking coverage with a few other car insurers.
What types of insurance does Bowen offer?
Bowen covers nearly every avenue of life. Choose from:
- Auto, classic car, RV, motorcycle and offroad vehicles
- Renters and Landlord
- Valuable possessions
- High net worth
- Home — including condo, mobile home and secondary homes
- Long term disability
- Medicare supplement
Which insurers does Bowen work with?
The company works with brand names you might recognize, and promotes itself as the local agent for Erie, North Carolina. Other partners include:
- The Hartford
- National General
- Penn National
- UPC Insurance
What do customers say about Bowen?
Customers have only accolades for this agency. The company has 45 Google reviews, all five-star ratings. Bowen also received an A customer rating on Angie’s List based on over 75 reviews.
On both sites, customers praise Bowen for quick responses, knowledgeable agents and competitive rates. Several customers have worked with the company for over 10 years and said they would recommend it to others. Also, some work with Bowen as their Erie Insurance local agency, notable since Erie also receives high customer ratings.
While we would prefer more reviews for a well-defined look at a company, the high number of positive reviews show Bowen’s solid reputation.
Pros and cons of Bowen
- Highly praised support. Bowen gets high reviews from most customers.
- Brand-name partners. The company works with recognizable brands like Progressive and Nationwide.
- Erie local agent. The company is the go-to agency in North Carolina for Erie Insurance customers.
- Competitive rates. Customers say that Bowen has competitive rates compared to buying through insurers.
- Limited to North Carolina. You’ll have to look elsewhere if you don’t live in North Carolina.
- No online account management. You have to fill out a change request form to make updates to your policy, but you can make online payments.
- Online quotes limited to auto. Unless you’re getting an Erie auto policy, you have to fill out a contact form for a quote. But this process makes sense for a broker.
How do I contact Bowen?
Contact Bowen in any of these four ways:
- Phone. Call 919-852-0044 during office hours on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Email. Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
- Chat. Use the chat box on its website. If a representative isn’t available, you’ll get a response by email.
- Office. Visit Bowen in person at 347 Earnie Lane, Holly Springs, NC 27540.