Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card review
A business credit card that offers competitive APRs and flat rewards on your purchases.
- Get this card if you want a potentially low APR.
- Pick something else if you want a higher rewards rate.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1x
as low as 11.4%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card offers a low range of APRs, lets you earn unlimited points on all purchases and doesn’t come with an annual fee. Unlike other rewards cards where point value varies with the service or product you redeem it for, with this card your points are worth one cent each across the board.
How to apply for the Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card
To apply for this card, you must have an existing business membership. If you don’t, you’ll need to become a member first.
- Go to the Navy Federal Credit Union website, hover over Services and click Business Services.
- Scroll down to Business Solutions and hit Business Credit Cards.
- Under How to Apply, print the application form and complete it with handwritten signatures and initials.
- Submit the application along with all the required supporting documents through the Submission Link on that same page.
How long will it take to get my Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card?
It takes two to three business days for Navy Federal to process your application. If approved, you’ll get your card within seven to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Navy Federal Credit Union app. Use it to make payments, find an ATM near you and more. The app is available for Android, iOS and Amazon devices.
- Register for the Mastercard Easy Savings® Program. To score up to 25% in rebates on purchases from participating merchants, you need to register at the program’s website by providing your card’s information and your email.
- Register for Mastercard Biz. Visit the Mastercard Biz website and select a business tool that you want to use. Register through the tool’s website, whether it be Priceless™ Cities or Mastercard USA partner signup, to start saving money.
- Contact customer service. Call 1-888-842-6328 if you have any questions about your card or your bill. You can also reach them on Facebook and Twitter @NavyFederal.
You could get one of the lowest variable APRs we’ve seen on purchases: as low as 11.4%, depending on your creditworthiness. Other cards have variable APRs that go up to 26%.
No annual fee.
This card comes with a $0 annual fee, making it easy to own long term.
Earn unlimited points.
With every dollar you spend, you earn 1 point. Points can then be redeemed for cash back, gift cards and airline tickets at the value of one cent per point.
How do I redeem Navy Federal Credit Union points?
You can start redeeming points once you have at least 1,000, and all points equal 1 cent no matter what you redeem them for. For example, you can redeem:
- 3,500 points for a $35 gift card.
- 5,000 points for $50 cash back deposited to your savings account.
- 7,500 points for a $75 airline discount.
You’ll also like …
No foreign transaction fees.
You can use this card freely when you travel abroad and you won’t incur any fees. Other cards come with fees of 3% per transaction.
Mastercard Easy Savings® Program.
Get up to 25% back in rebates on purchases from participating merchants. All you need to do is register with the program and you’ll start earning rebates, including 5% on Bing ads, 5% on Avis car rentals, 10% on Park Ride Fly USA airport parking and more.
After you register with the program, get integrated solutions to help your business save money and time when ordering supplies and computers, arranging travel and more.
What to watch out for
No signup bonus.
This is one of the rare business credit cards that doesn’t have a signup bonus.
No intro APR period.
Most business credit cards offer an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, but you won’t get that with this card.
Does the Navy Federal Credit Union Business Card show up on personal credit reports
No, the credit union doesn’t report activity for this card to consumer credit bureaus.
Compare similar business credit cards
What size business is the Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card good for?
This could be a good card for small businesses that want a simple, no-annual-fee card with a low APR on purchases. In addition, you get a 1% return rate on everything you buy, which means you’ll get $500 in rewards if you spend $50,000 annually.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for this card, you must be a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union and have a Business Membership Savings Account with at least $5. For a new Business Membership Account, you need to deposit $100.
Who can join the Navy Federal Credit Union?
- Active-duty members of the Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard
- Army and Air Force National Guards
- Members of the Delayed Entry Program
- Department of Defense officer candidates, reservists, civilian employees and contractors
- US government employees assigned to Department of Defense installations
- Members of the ROTC
- Veterans, retirees and annuitants
- Family members to any of the above, including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren and household members
What do I need to join?
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or government ID
- Home address, phone number and email address
- Credit card or bank account and routing number to fund your account
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or more. If you have a high credit score and low credit utilization ratio, you can likely get approved for a higher credit line.
Navy Federal Credit Union Mastercard® Business Card reviews and complaints
Navy Federal Credit Union isn’t accredited with the Better Business Bureau, though it does receive an A+ rating as of October 2020. Over 90% of its customer reviews are negative, resulting in a composite score of 3.32 out of 5. Of the nearly 900 complaints filed against the credit union, customers cited difficulty getting unauthorized charges taken off of their account and issues with their credit card payments being reported on time. Other complaints about this card specifically revolved around hidden fees. To avoid this, make sure you read the fine print and ask any questions before applying for this card.
If you’re looking for a low APR credit card for your business, this could be a decent one to consider. But if you often pay your balances on time and you don’t usually benefit from a low APR, you could find a better business credit card that allows you to earn higher rewards on your business’s spending.