Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi By Citi review
An excellent cashback business card designed exclusively for Costco members.
- Get this card if you’re a Costco member and want cashback rewards on your business spending.
- Pick something else if you want travel rewards or don’t have solid credit.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
All information about this card has been collected independently by Finder.
4% cash back on gas on up to $7,000 annually (then 1%), 4% on dining and travel, 2% at Costco and 1% on all other purchases
Minimum Credit Score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi offers many perks to the Costco devotee. In fact, you’ll pay a $0 annual fee if you have a Costco membership.
The card focuses on one standout feature: excellent cashback rewards. The stars of the show are its 4% cash back on gas on up to $7,000 in eligible purchases each year. After that, your rate reverts to 1%. You’ll also get 4% back on restaurant and travel purchases.
If your business spends heavily in those categories, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi can be a cashback machine. If you spend often at Costco — and you likely do if you’re looking at this card — you’ll get 2% cash back on Costco and Costco.com purchases.
How to apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi
- On the Citi website, click Apply now.
- Complete the application with your personal, financial and business details.
- Confirm that the information you’ve provided is correct and click Submit.
How long will it take to get my Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you may get a decision on your application within minutes. If there are issues with your application, it could take a few days to a few weeks to hear back.
After you’re approved, you’ll typically receive your card within 7 to 10 business days.
- Annual fee: $0 with your paid Costco membership. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi can be a valuable sidekick to your Costco membership. You can only get the card if you’re a Costco member. Costco memberships start at $60 a year for Gold Star and Business memberships. For an Executive membership, you’ll pay $120 a year. Each membership results in a $0 annual fee for the card.
- 4% cash back on gas. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi is an excellent choice for gas rewards: You’ll get 4% cash back on gas, including gas you buy at Costco, on up to $7,000 in eligible purchases each year. After that, you’ll earn 1%.
- Earn cash back on all other purchases. You’ll get 4% cash back on restaurant and travel purchases — also better than many travel credit cards. Earn 2% cash back on purchases from Costco and Costco.com, and 1% back on all other purchases.
You’ll also like …
- No foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay transaction fees when you use your card abroad or on foreign websites. Typically, providers charge a fee equal to 3% of each international transaction. It doesn’t sound like much, but it can add up over a trip spanning several days. Because the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi comes with foreign transaction fees, it’s an excellent card to take on vacation or business trips.
- Travel protection. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi comes with collision loss and damage insurance, which covers your rental vehicles. You can often decline the insurance offered at car rental agencies when you have this benefit. Before or during a trip, you can contact Citi for travel and emergency assistance. This includes help with travel arrangements, medical issues, legal referrals and more. You and your family are also protected by Citi’s Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, which offers coverage on reservations fully paid for with your card.
What to watch out for
- You can only redeem rewards once a year. With most credit cards, you can redeem rewards whenever you want. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi limits rewards payouts to just once a year. Your rewards arrive after the close of your February billing statement in the form of an annual credit card reward certificate. Redeem the certificate for cash or merchandise at US Costco warehouses.
- No signup bonus. A signup bonus is a one-time deal, but it’s a nice sweetener when you open your card. Unfortunately, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi doesn’t offer one.
- High penalty APR. If your payment is late or returned, Citi may impose a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable on all of your balances.
- Transaction fees. For each cash advance, you’ll pay $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater. This is higher than the average cash advance fee, which is typically around 3%.
- Penalty fees. For each late or returned payment, you’ll pay a fee of up to $40. To avoid penalty fees, consider setting up autopay.
Compare similar business credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What size business is the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi good for?
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi can be valuable for businesses of all sizes. If you regularly purchase business goods at Costco, the card can help you offset a big chunk of your expenses.
The card comes with a helpful $0 annual fee for Costco members. And because rewards come in the form of cash back or a certificate to spend at Costco, they’re almost always useful. The same can’t be said for an airline card, for example, which might limit your points redemption to airfare.
What should I know before I apply?
Apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi if you’re:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- A Costco member.
- At least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your name, residential status and residential address.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Your email address and phone number.
- Financial information like your annual income and source of income.
- The name of your business, its mailing address and its employee count.
- Your years in business and annual business revenue.
- Your tax identification number.
What’s my likelihood of approval?
You have a better chance of approval for this card if you run a healthy business and apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Other factors that might affect your odds of approval include:
- The number of hard pulls on your credit report. If you have several hard inquiries — or hard pulls — on your account, Citi might consider you desperate for credit or as a business that’s having trouble managing debt.
- Factors that tie into your credit score. Credit utilization is a major factor Citibank considers. The bank prefers a customer with low balances relative to their credit limit. Having many new card accounts also may be considered a red flag, as it could indicate you’re desperate for credit. It may also give the impression that you’re a flighty customer who’s just hunting for signup bonuses.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi reviews and complaints
Most customers say they love the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi’s strong cash back. However, many cardholders say they’ve found Citi customer support unhelpful.
Even though Citi has been in business for more than 200 years, it was never accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). As of October 2020, more than 200 customer complaints on the BBB site give the bank a score of 1 out of 5. Because Citi failed to resolve customer complaints on the site, BBB has rated the bank with the lowest F rating.
Citi is rated slightly higher at 1.8 out of 5 on Trustpilot where customers mostly complain about poor customer service.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online using the Citi website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with fees of up to $40. The cash advance fee is $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact Citibank customer support at 1-800-950-5114.
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi by Citi offers robust cash back if you spend heavily on gas, restaurant, travel or Costco purchases. It’s an especially good choice if you already have a Costco membership, offering a $0 annual fee to members.