We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare top Citizens Bank business cards
Sometimes you don’t need a large selection of credit cards to find the right one for your business.
Citizens Bank is one of the oldest banks in the US, established in 1828. Today, it operates across 11 states with more than 1,150 branches and 3,300 ATMs. But even if you don’t live in any of the states where the bank has a branch, you can still apply for a credit card and enjoy its perks and benefits.
This global financial services giant first issued its American Express® Gold Card in 1966. Today, it offers cards for individuals, small businesses and corporations that feature travel, cash back and access to a catalog of goods and services through its Membership Rewards® Program.
Compare Citizens Bank business credit cards
Best Citizens Bank credit cards
Best business card for earning rewards: Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®
Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®
25,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first 90 days from account opening.
And the best part? You get all these perks without paying an annual fee.
When you apply for the Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®, you can choose between two points earning options:
- Cardholder Earn. For this option, each cardholder accrues points on their individual cards, and they can earn the signup bonus individually. Point redemption in this case is also individual.
- Business Earn. If you choose this option, each cardholder accrues points for one master account, and they all contribute toward the signup bonus and points earning. Redeeming points in this case can only be made by the master account cardholder.
If you don’t choose an option, you’ll get the default, which is Business Earn.
Best business card for payment flexibility: Business Platinum Mastercard®
Business Platinum Mastercard®
Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 13 billing cycles from account opening.
How to compare Citizens Bank credit cards
The two main questions to ask when deciding on a Citizens Bank business credit card are:
- Do you want to earn rewards for your spending? If your business has high monthly expenses and you’re looking to capitalize on that, consider getting the Everyday Points® Business Mastercard® to earn points on all of your business purchases. Once you accrue enough points, you can redeem them for travel rewards, merchandise, gift cards and more.
- Does your company often carry a balance? For businesses that have cashflow difficulties, the Business Platinum Mastercard® could be the right choice. With a long intro APR period on purchases and a relatively low ongoing APR, you’ll be able to carry your balance with minimal interest.
Why choose a Citizens Bank business credit card?
- Zero liability. You won’t be held liable for unauthorized purchases made with your card.
- Chip cards. Get increased security with hard-to-counterfeit chip cards.
- Identity theft services. In case of identity theft, get help replacing cards, completing an affidavit and more.
- Extended warranty. Doubles the original manufacturer’s or store brand’s warranty for up to 12 months on eligible purchases made with your card.
- Price protection. When you purchase something with your card for over the advertised price, you can get a partial refund for up to 60 days following the purchase.
- Citizens Bank mobile app. Download the mobile banking app and make payments, transfer money between accounts, monitor account activity and more.
Consider a business card from another brand
Universal Premium Mastercard®Read more
Citizens Bank offers two business credit cards that could be a decent addition to your wallet, even if you don’t reside in a state where Citizens Bank has branches.
You can choose between a card with a relatively low ongoing APR on purchases, and a card that lets you earn points that are redeemable for a host of rewards. Aside from each card’s specific features, you get a host of perks and benefits courtesy of Mastercard — all without paying an annual fee.
As always, compare your credit card options to find the best one for your business’s unique needs and situation.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert