Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare top Citizens Bank business cards
Choose between rewards and a lower purchase APR.
Compare Citizens Bank business credit cards
Overview of Citizens Bank business credit cards
Best for earning rewards: Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®
Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®
25,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first 90 days from account opening.
The no-annual-fee Everyday Points® Business Mastercard® is the right choice if you want rewards. Here’s the potential upside:
- You’ll earn 2x points on every purchase.
- As a signup bonus, the card offers 25,000 points after you spend $5,000 within the first 90 days of account opening.
Points aren’t worth the industry standard 1 cent apiece, however. Rather, they’re worth 0.5 cents each. That means the 2x-point structure actually gives you a 1% rewards rate on all spending, and the 25,000-point signup bonus is worth $125.
If you take a glance at Citizens Bank’s website, you’ll see the phrase “Earn up to 3.5% in rewards when you spend $5,000 in the first 90 days.” This is composed of the $125 in value from the signup bonus as well as the 10,000 points you’ll earn from $5,000 in spending. These points are worth $50.
There’s an intro APR as well. You’ll receive a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 7 billing cycles after account opening. After that, the ongoing APR is 11.24%, 16.24%, 19.24% or 21.24% variable. These ongoing interest rates are slightly higher than you’ll find with Citizens Bank’s other business card.
Lastly, you’ll find Mastercard benefits that can help you get more out of your card. These include MasterRental Car Insurance and cell phone protection. Also, the Mastercard Easy Savings program lets you scoop up rebates from participating merchants, including restaurants, gas stations and more.
When you apply for the Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®, you can choose between two points earning options:
- Cardholder Earn. For this option, each cardholder accrues points on their individual cards, and they can earn the signup bonus individually. Point redemption in this case is also individual.
- Business Earn. If you choose this option, each cardholder accrues points for one master account, and they all contribute toward the signup bonus and points earning. Redeeming points in this case can only be made by the master account cardholder.
If you don’t choose an option, you’ll get the default, which is Business Earn.
Best for payment flexibility: Business Platinum Mastercard®
Business Platinum Mastercard®
Enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 7 billing cycles from account opening, then 8.24%, 14.24%, 17.24% or 19.24% variable.
The card doesn’t offer rewards, but you’ll find the same Mastercard benefits offered by the Everyday Points® Business Mastercard®. These can save you money via insurance, protection plans, rebates and more.
On the card’s application page, you’ll see a selling point that reads, “Up to 50 days working capital with 30-day billing cycles and a 20-day settlement period.” This is a nice turn of a phrase, but it’s not really a distinct advantage from the competition. Essentially, it describes a normal billing cycle and a grace period of 20 days — that is, a period during which you can pay off your balance in full before accruing interest. This is a standard business-card feature.
How to compare Citizens Bank credit cards
The two main questions to ask when deciding on a Citizens Bank business credit card are:
- Do you want to earn rewards for your spending? If your business has high monthly expenses and you’re looking to capitalize on that, consider getting the Everyday Points® Business Mastercard® to earn points on all of your business purchases. Once you accrue enough points, you can redeem them for travel rewards, merchandise, gift cards and more.
- Does your company often carry a balance? For businesses that have cashflow difficulties, the Business Platinum Mastercard® could be the right choice. With a long intro APR period on purchases and a relatively low ongoing APR, you’ll be able to carry your balance with minimal interest.
Why choose a Citizens Bank business credit card?
- Zero liability. You won’t be held liable for unauthorized purchases made with your card.
- Chip cards. Get increased security with hard-to-counterfeit chip cards.
- Identity theft services. In case of identity theft, get help replacing cards, completing an affidavit and more.
- Extended warranty. Doubles the original manufacturer’s or store brand’s warranty for up to 12 months on eligible purchases made with your card.
- Price protection. When you purchase something with your card for over the advertised price, you can get a partial refund for up to 60 days following the purchase.
- Citizens Bank mobile app. Download the mobile banking app and make payments, transfer money between accounts, monitor account activity and more.
Other business-card providers to consider
There are many other business cards to choose from if you want rewards. Here are two great options for flat-rate rewards:
- American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card. Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases, on up to $50,000 in qualifying purchases each calendar year, then 1%. No annual fee.
- Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business. Earn unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. There’s a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
If you’re hunting for a low APR, you can find a relatively low rate with several cards. An example is the U.S. Bank Business Platinum, which offers an ongoing purchase and balance transfer APR of 9.99% to 17.99% variable. However, it could be difficult to find a rate as low as the lowest possible purchase APR of the Citizens Bank Business Platinum Mastercard®. Also, the rate you receive will depend on your creditworthiness.
Lastly, a few cards offer better intro APRs than you’ll find with Citizens Bank cards. A few options are the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card, U.S. Bank Business Platinum and Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card.
Citizens Bank offers two business credit cards that could be a decent addition to your wallet, even if you don’t reside in a state where Citizens Bank has branches.
You can choose between a card with a relatively low ongoing APR on purchases, and a card that lets you earn points that are redeemable for a host of rewards. Aside from each card’s specific features, you get a host of perks and benefits courtesy of Mastercard — all without paying an annual fee.
As always, compare other business-card options to find the best one for your business’s unique needs and situation.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert