Compare similar credit cards and find the best option for you.
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Compare other business credit cards
Things to consider about CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card
Before deciding whether to apply for a CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card, there are some important points to think about. The interest rate of 0% is for the first 6 months only. This rate then reverts to 13.24% variable. The card is available for business and personal use, and if you’re looking to add additional cardholders onto your account you can do so for no extra fee.
Features of the CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card
- No annual fees: CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card membership requires no annual fee but actually earns anniversary bonus points every year. There are no additional fees for additional cards.
- Employee cards: You’ll no longer need to worry about planning for your employee’s travel costs alone, as the CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card allows you to give your employees their own cards. You can put limits on how much can be spent on the cards, and easily adjust those numbers in case of unexpected needs. Setting these limits can be done through the phone.
- Global acceptance: CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card are accepted all around the world, so there’s no need to worry about whether or not a purchase will go through, wherever your travels take you.
- Online account management: Quarterly and annual account summaries are available online to help you keep track of expenditures, and your taxes. These reports also come in handy when tracking employee spending.
- 0% interest rate: There is a 0% interest rate for the first 6 months after your account opening with a variable rate of 13.24% thereafter.
About the rewards program
- Earn 3 ThankYou® points for every $1 spent on eligible products or 1 ThankYou® point for $1 spent on other purchases
- There is no limit on the amount of ThankYou® points one can earn and no expiration date on earned points
- CitiBusiness offers members two simple ways to redeem earned points. You can either call 1800-THANKYOU or visit thankyou.com to redeem your ThankYou® points. Redeemed points can be used for either personal or business merchandise such as business supplies, gift cards, travel equipment or can even be transferred to cash.
- CitiBusiness offers 100 bonus ThankYou® points for registering to Citi online and another 100 points for registering for paperless statements
- 15,000 bonus points are awarded after spending $3,000 in your first three months as a member. These points are equivalent to $150 in gift cards
Complimentary insurance policies
Your CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card comes with a few complimentary insurance policies to keep you protected when using your card.
- Automatic travel accident insurance: Every time you use your Citi ThankYou card to buy bus, train or plane tickets, you are automatically covered by the Common Carrier Travel Accident insurance at no extra cost. This insurance cover will apply for you, your spouse and other dependents.
- Auto rental insurance: Use your ThankYou card to pay for a rental car and you will benefit from insurance on any damage to or theft of the car. This is only applicable if you turn down the collision/damage waiver insurance offered by the car rental company.
- Extended warranty: Benefit from extended warranty on most of the goods you purchase with your ThankYou card, with extended periods of up to one year.
- Retail purchase protection: Most of the items you purchase using your CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card will be covered against theft, fire or accidental breakage for up to 90 days from the purchase date. The insurance covers up to $10,000 for every incident and is limited to $50,000 annually.
- Identity theft solutions: Citi offers you help to keep your business running after identity theft. They also provide you with specialists to help with the reorganization and re-establishment of your credit and to help you recover your identity.
How to apply for the CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card
Here are a few things that you might be requested to provide:
- Full legal name, street address, date of birth, identification
- Business legal name and taxpayer identification number
- Financial details, income statements, assets and liabilities.
To be eligible for CitiBusiness ThankYou® Preferred Card you must:
- Be above 18 years of age
- Have a good credit rating