Discover how you can get access to airport lounges around the world with the swipe of a card.
The LoungeKey programme gives you complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges when you have participating Mastercard credit cards. Depending on the airport lounge, guests travelling with you may also get lounge entry through this service.
Use this guide to learn which credit cards offer LoungeKey benefits and how the programme works, so you can make the most of this complimentary extra.
Looking for LoungeKey membership? N26 could be for you
- The card offers the benefits of a standard N26 account, with perks including LoungeKey membership.
- LoungeKey Airport Experiences membership gives access to 1,000 destinations.
- Free unlimited ATM withdrawals and travel insurance protects against unforeseen expenses.
- Metal account holders get exclusive access to dedicated customer support for quick troubleshooting.
What lounges can I access with LoungeKey?
LoungeKey offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges located in over 120 countries. You can search for a lounge by country, city or airport through the website or mobile app. To give you an idea of the options available, here are some of the locations, based on regions around the world.
- United Kingdom. Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Liverpool and Manchester airports.
- Europe mainland. Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Lisbon, Madrid, Munich, Nice, Paris, Rome, Stockholm and Venice airports.
- United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah airports.
- United States. Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington DC airports.
- Canada. Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Vancouver airports.
- Australia and New Zealand. Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Christchurch, Darwin, Queenstown and Sydney airports.
- Asia. Bali (Denpasar), Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore international airports.
Compare credit cards with a LoungeKey airport lounge programme
How does LoungeKey work?
You can enjoy unlimited visits to participating lounges when you show your eligible credit card and let the customer service member know that you are a LoungeKey customer. Here are the basic steps you need to take to set up and use this service:
- Create a LoungeKey account. Go to the LoungeKey web address provided by your credit card issuer.
- Verify your card details. As part of your account registration, you will need to enter your card’s 16-digit payment number to confirm you are eligible for the LoungeKey programme.
- Search for participating lounges. When you have a trip planned, you can use the LoungeKey website or mobile app to find lounges that offer you complimentary access.
- Request entry to the lounge. When you’re at the airport, go to your chosen lounge and let staff know you are a LoungeKey customer. You will then need to show or swipe your card to gain access. Depending on the lounge, you may also need to show your valid boarding pass and passport.
LoungeKey access for guestsMost of the participating LoungeKey lounges allow a guest or guests to enter the lounge with you. But there could be additional costs or restrictions depending on the specific lounge. These details are usually shown when you search for lounges via LoungeKey, giving you a way to plan ahead and budget for any fees that may apply.
Lounge access and services
Lounge availability and services vary between locations and depend on the LoungeKey partners. As well as traditional lounges, cardholders can access dining, shopping and spa offers. In some airports, the lounge can partner with bars or restaurants which are open to the public. At these locations, showing your LoungeKey card entitles you to a discount on your final bill.
In many other airports, LoungeKey gives you access to exclusive airport lounge areas, such as Plaza Premium Lounges at London Heathrow or the Wingtips Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport. So using the LoungeKey search service will help you find out exactly what lounges and services are available for any trips you have planned.
What else do I need to know about the LoungeKey programme?
Keep these details in mind so you can make the most of this programme:
Having a credit card that offers complimentary lounge access through LoungeKey gives you a way to enjoy luxury between flights all around the world. But with similar services available through Priority Pass and Lounge Pass, it’s worth comparing different lounge and credit card options so that you can find one that suits your needs.
You could consider an American Express credit card for access to airport lounges and other travel benefits. Depending on the card they hold, American Express customers can gain access to over 1,000 lounges globally, and enjoy complimentary dining and snacks which typically includes buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also order soft drinks, cocktails, wine, beer and barista-made coffee from the bar.
Alternatively, some airline cards such as those produced by British Airways or Virgin Atlantic expand your access even further to include their own branded airport lounges.
Earn 1 point per £1 spent
No fee in year 1
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card
- Two complimentary lounge visits per year to use at over 700 airport lounges globally.
- 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend £3,000 in your first three months.
- Earn points for every pound you spend, to redeem with a range of shopping, travel and lifestyle partners.
- Travel benefits including hotel room and car rental upgrades.
Representative example: When you spend £1,200 at a purchase rate of 22.9% (variable) p.a. with a fee of Year 1 - £0, Year 2 onwards - £140 per annum, your representative rate is 57.6% APR (variable).