Approval for any credit card will depend on your status. The APR shown represents the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
LoungeKey airport lounge programme
Discover how you can get access to airport lounges around the world with the swipe of a card.
The LoungeKey programme can give you complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges when you have a participating Mastercard. Depending on the airport lounge, guests travelling with you could also gain lounge entry through this service.
Use this guide to learn which credit cards offer LoungeKey benefits and how the programme works, so you can make the most of this complimentary extra.
What lounges can I access with LoungeKey?
To give you an idea of the options available, here are some of the airport locations around the world with lounges you can get into through LoungeKey.
- United Kingdom: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Liverpool and Manchester airports. Note that at the time of writing, LoungeKey won’t get you into any lounges at Cardiff airport.
- Europe mainland: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Lisbon, Madrid, Munich, Nice, Paris, Rome, Stockholm and Venice airports.
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah airports.
- United States: Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington DC airports.
- Canada: Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Vancouver airports.
- Australia and New Zealand: Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Christchurch, Darwin, Queenstown and Sydney airports.
- Asia: Bali (Denpasar), Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore international airports.
Credit cards with LoungeKey
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How does LoungeKey work?
LoungeKey membership is synced with your credit or debit card. That means you won’t be given a separate LoungeKey membership card or a LoungeKey pass. You can enjoy visits to participating airport lounges when you show your synced credit/debit card and boarding pass to the lounge receptionist and let them know you’re a LoungeKey member.
Here are the basic steps you need to take to set up and use this service:
- Get an eligible credit/debit card. You could choose one of the cards featured in our comparison to secure membership to the programme.
- Create a LoungeKey account. Go to the LoungeKey web page provided by your credit card issuer.
- Verify your card details. As part of your account registration, you’ll need to enter your card’s 16-digit payment number to confirm you’re eligible for the programme.
- Search for participating lounges. When you have a trip planned, you can use the LoungeKey website or mobile app to find lounges that offer you complimentary access. Some lounges may prefer you to reserve a space in advance.
- Request entry to the lounge. When you’re at the airport, go to your chosen lounge and let staff know you’re a LoungeKey customer. You’ll then need to show or swipe your card to gain access. Depending on the lounge, you may also need to show your valid boarding pass and passport.
LoungeKey access for guestsMost of the participating LoungeKey lounges allow a guest or guests to enter the lounge with you. But there could be additional costs or restrictions depending on the specific lounge and the card you’re using to gain access. These details are usually shown when you search for lounges via LoungeKey, giving you a way to plan ahead and budget for any fees that may apply.
Lounge access and services
Lounge availability and services vary between locations and depend on the LoungeKey partners. As well as traditional lounges, cardholders can access dining, shopping and spa offers. In some airports, the lounge can partner with bars or restaurants which are open to the public. At these locations, showing your LoungeKey card entitles you to a discount on your final bill.
In many other airports, LoungeKey gives you access to exclusive airport lounge areas, such as Plaza Premium Lounges at London Heathrow or the Wingtips Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport. So using the LoungeKey search service will help you find out exactly what lounges and services are available for any trips you have planned.
What else do I need to know?
Having a credit card that offers complimentary lounge access through LoungeKey gives you a way to enjoy luxury between flights all around the world. But with similar services available through Priority Pass and Lounge Pass, it’s worth comparing different lounge and credit card options so that you can find one that suits your needs.
What are the LoungeKey alternatives?
Depending on the card they hold, American Express customers can gain access to over 1,000 lounges globally and enjoy complimentary dining and snacks which typically include buffet breakfasts, and hot lunches and dinners. You can also order soft drinks, cocktails, wine, beer and barista-made coffee from lounge bars.
Finally, you could consider an annual subscription to Priority Pass – a lounge access programme that’s not linked to any credit or debit card.
More guides on Finder
Compare prepaid business cards in the UK 2021
Learn more about how prepaid business cards can be used to spend money with any retailer that accepts debit or credit cards.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2021
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
Monzo Premium account review
Digital challenger bank Monzo has launched a new Premium tier for its current account. We take a look at the cost and what’s on offer.
The Best American Express credit cards of May 2021
Looking for the best American Express Credit credit card? Here’s our guide to Amex’s best in class cards for cashback, rewards and more.
The best cashback credit cards of 2021
Cashback credit cards let you earn money back on every purchase you make, but which one has the best cashback offer, as well as the best rate?
Black credit cards
Black credit cards are the cream of the credit card crop. See how they work and if you’re eligible to get one.
How to compare employee credit cards
Whether you’re an employer comparing business credit card options or an employee trying to figure out how to deal with expenses, here’s what you need to know about employee credit cards.
London Gatwick No1 Lounge review (North terminal)
Find out how Gatwick’s premium No1 Lounge fared during peak hours, whether it’s worth the entry fee and how to enjoy complimentary access.
Lounge Club airport lounge programme
Make your airport waits more enjoyable thanks to comfy chairs, Wi-Fi, refreshments and even a shower with this solid airport lounge scheme.
Compare business credit cards with no annual or monthly account fee
You might not get all those extra perks, but a business credit card with no annual fee can still boost your company’s spending power.
Ask an Expert