Approval for any credit card will depend on your status. The APR shown represents the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
Compare aqua credit cards for September 2019
aqua’s range of four credit cards is designed specifically to help those with a low credit score, or those with little or no credit history, to build up their credit records.
aqua is part of the London-based NewDay group of companies, which is the credit card provider for some big high street names, including Debenhams, Topshop, Laura Ashley and Amazon. aqua credit cards are also on the Mastercard network, which means they can be used in more than 35 million places worldwide.
aqua offers customers a range of tools designed to help borrowers run their card accounts. The company is open about the fact that it aims to help people move to other finance products as their needs evolve, with the intention to “help all customers be better with credit”.
Compare aqua credit cards
With all of aqua’s cards, building credit is the primary focus. That means they might not have the headline grabbing APRs, but are designed as a bridge to more competitive credit products. Credit builder cards aren’t usually associated with rewards, but aqua are helping to reshape that belief with their reward card, which allows borrowers to earn rewards at the same time as developing their credit.
Please note: Aqua’s interest rates (other than promotional rates) are linked to the Bank of England Base Rate.
What benefits can I expect from an aqua credit card?
- Customer support. aqua operates a local call rate customer helpline with staff available between 8am and 8pm daily.
- Online account management. You can register online to make payments, check the available balance on your card, update your details and carry out a range of other tasks involved in servicing your account.
- Free unlimited credit report access. The aqua credit checker gives you a monthly-updated picture of the state of your credit record, which you can access through your online account, or by calling the aqua customer services hotline.
- Access to a range of credit-building tools and advice. aqua’s “road to good credit” is all about helping consumers on their journey to accessing more competitive rates and services.
Applying for an aqua credit card
The easiest and most convenient way to apply for an aqua credit card is online – you can get an instant indication of the likelihood of your application being successful by using aqua’s “FastCheck”, and it won’t leave a “footprint” on your credit file so you don’t have to worry about your credit score.
To qualify for an aqua credit card, you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Have a permanent UK address
- Not have been registered bankrupt in the past 18 months or have bankruptcy proceedings against you
- Have a current UK bank or building society account
- Not have received a county court judgement in the past 12 months
- Not have an existing aqua card or have taken out another card issued by NewDay in the past 12 months
Why might your application not be approved?
If you meet the broad criteria outlined above, but have a history of bad debt, you could be rejected. Also, if you have been made the subject of a CCJ you may not be accepted, and you are unlikely to be given a card if you have ever declared bankruptcy.
Popular questions about aqua cards