Compare the M&S range of cards
Approval for any credit card depends on your status. The representative APRs shown represent the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances, the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
See if you qualify for a credit card from top providers
- Including Barclaycard and Amex
- Check a range of cards in minutes
- No impact on your credit score
- One fast and simple form
M&S offers a straightforward choice of cards with either an excellent 0% purchases offer or a 0% balance transfer offer. Get M&S points with any qualifying card spend and look out for regular bonus points offers for new customers.
One of the UK’s leading luxury food and clothing retailers, M&S’ financial arm is operated by the banking experts at HSBC. M&S Bank is a great choice if you want a warmer customer experience than you’d expect from a typical high street bank.
Types of M&S credit cards
Credit cards from M&S Bank are explicitly designed to save you money on interest charges and reward you for using an M&S credit card to pay for goods and services. Pick a card targeted at balance transfers, or save on the interest you would usually pay on shopping by choosing the Shopping Plus offer.
- 0% purchases cards. These cards are designed to let you spread the cost of forthcoming expenditure, without incurring any interest. Don’t forget that when the introductory 0% period is up, any outstanding balance will revert to the card’s standard rate – normally much higher. Learn more about 0% purchase cards.
- 0% balance transfer cards. If you have an existing interest-carrying balance on another credit card, think about applying for the M&S Transfer Plus offer. A very low balance transfer fee combined with a very competitive period of 0% in interest on any balance you transfer leads to very big savings on your existing interest bill. Learn more about 0% balance transfer cards.
- Rewards cards. You’ll earn points each time you use an M&S credit card, but at a better rate when you use it in M&S. Every three months the points are converted into vouchers and sent to you along with your statement. M&S cards also come with an array of additional benefits. Learn more about rewards cards.
What benefits can I get with an M&S credit card?
- Get rewarded for everyday credit card use. At the time of writing, M&S Bank will give you one M&S point for every £1 you spend at a Marks and Spencer store, and one M&S point for every £5 you spend everywhere else. You’ll receive a £1 Marks and Spencer voucher for every 100 M&S points you collect. Holders of M&S Premium Club membership get triple the standard award on spending in a Marks and Spencer store.
- Easy access to travel money. Do you have travel plans? Your M&S Bank card makes it easy to access foreign currency at your local Marks and Spencer store. M&S Credit Card holders get preferential foreign exchange rates, pay no cash advance fee and receive 55 days of interest-free credit when they purchase foreign currency from M&S Bank.
- Advanced security. M&S Bank implements advanced fraud monitoring and security systems that protect you from unauthorised spending on your credit card account.
- Add an additional cardholder free of charge. You can add anyone over the age of 18 to your M&S credit card account. The additional cardholder can enjoy the same benefits you do, including the ability to earn M&S points on their credit card spend.
- Mobile payments. Every M&S credit card is ready to go with all the common mobile payment technologies, including Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay. You can pay for goods and services by simply tapping your phone on any contactless terminal.
If you shop regularly at M&S then the rewards are very good and worth getting the card.”
How can I apply for an M&S credit card?
- First, decide which M&S credit card suits you best. The card with the best balance transfer offer has a short promotional period for purchases, while the top purchases card has a shorter balance transfer period.
- Check that you meet the eligibility criteria. Both M&S cards on offer at the time of writing have long promotional periods so you will likely only be accepted if you have a good credit history. You won’t be able to apply if you’ve held an M&S credit card in the last 12 months.
- Choose the right card on the M&S website and proceed with the application form. Always complete all the details correctly as this speeds up the application process and makes it less likely that your application will be referred for manual review.
- Submit your completed application form. You could get an instant reply, or M&S Bank may take a couple of business days to get back to you.
What supporting documents and information will I need?
You will be asked to enter the usual credit application details when applying for an M&S Bank credit card. Make sure you know your full address history for at least three years, including postcodes. You will also need to enter your employment history including income as well as your current account sort code and account number.
M&S Bank customer reviews
M&S Bank’s credit cards were highly commended in Finder’s 2023 customer satisfaction survey, with customers praising its “great customer service” and “good rewards”. One customer praised the Bank for having “A long interest free period on purchases and a good app to make payments, which is easy to use and feels safe and secure.” 88% of M&S Bank’s credit card customers said they would recommend the lender to a friend.
The bottom line
A generous mix of benefits with Marks and Spencer as well as top balance transfer and purchases offers make M&S Bank credit cards an excellent choice.
Overview of M&S Bank credit cards
|0% balance transfer offer||Up to 28 months|
|0% purchases offer||Up to 18 months|
|0% money transfer offer||No money transfer offer available|
|Cashback with brand||Up to 1%|
|Cashback elsewhere||Up to 0.2%|
|Cash advance||From 29.9%|
|Introductory bonus offer||No introductory bonus offers available|
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
M&S credit card points
How to earn and redeem M&S points using a credit card plus the pros and cons of this reward scheme.
M&S Bank Credit Card Transfer Plus Offer Mastercard review 2023
The longest introductory 0% deal available from M&S Bank also lets you earn M&S points on all your spending.
M&S Bank Shopping Plus Credit Card review 2023
Enjoy 0% on purchases, balance transfers and M&S perks aplenty with this versatile all-rounder.