See if you qualify for a credit card from top providers
- Including Barclaycard and Amex
- Check a range of cards in minutes
- No impact on your credit score
- One fast and simple form
Compare Sainsbury’s credit cards
Approval for any credit card depends on your status. The representative APRs shown represent the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances, the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
What are the benefits of a Sainsbury’s credit card?
Save on interest charges by taking advantage of a long 0% promotional period on balance transfers, or a long 0% promotional period on purchases. You can also combine the balance transfer offer and the purchase offer in one card.
You don’t need to shop at Sainsbury’s to enjoy savings from Sainsbury’s Bank. Sainsbury’s Bank offers credit cards and other banking products to customers across the country.
With a Sainsbury’s credit card you’ll also be able to earn points that are in addition to those you’d earn by handing over or swiping your regular Nectar card. You can do this up to ten times in your first two months – that’s 7,500 extra Nectar points.
Types of Sainsbury’s Bank credit cards
Sainsbury’s Bank concentrates on offering cards that award very long 0% promotional periods on both balances transferred from another credit card provider, and on new purchases made on a card. It’s a simplified range of cards that intends to save you money on credit card interest charges while earning you Nectar points on your credit card spend.
- 0% balance transfer cards. If you currently have another credit card with a balance that is attracting interest, think about applying for a Sainsbury’s Bank Balance Transfer credit card. The best offer is reserved for Nectar card holders, but you can apply for a Nectar card free of charge. The longest balance transfer offer incurs a modest balance transfer fee, while you could choose to shorten the balance transfer period in exchange for no balance transfer fee. Learn more about 0% balance transfer cards.
- 0% purchases cards. Whether you have a big expense coming up or just want to save on interest charges, consider the Sainsbury’s Purchases credit card. This card offers a 0% promotional period that extends for several years so you do not have to worry about interest charges for a considerable period of time. However, do not spend more on the card than you can afford to pay back before the promotional period expires. Learn more about 0% purchase cards.
- All-round cards. Give up a few months of the promotional period and you can get a Sainsbury’s credit card that offers a very long balance transfer period, as well as a long period of 0% interest on purchases. The Sainsbury’s Bank Dual Offer credit card is a good choice if you need to save money on a balance transferred from another credit card, and on new purchases.
What benefits can I get with a Sainsbury’s Bank credit card?
- Collect Nectar points when you spend on your card. Nectar is the supermarket loyalty scheme from Sainsbury’s and you can redeem your Nectar points for a wide variety of goods and services. With a Sainsbury’s Bank credit card you will earn Nectar points on your everyday credit card transactions, which effectively offers you something back just for using your card for payments.
- Nominate additional cardholders. You can add friends and family to your credit card account, giving each person the ability to share your credit limit and to earn Nectar points while they spend. The total credit limit is shared amongst the cardholders on the account. Adding an additional cardholder is easy, simply complete the necessary details on your online banking facility.
- Credit card balance transfers. It is easy to transfer a balance from a credit card held with another bank to your Sainsbury’s Bank credit card. If you make a balance transfer within three months of account opening you can take advantage of a 0% interest promotion period that will save you a significant sum in interest charges.
- Online banking for credit card holders. Sainsbury’s Bank offers online banking for all of its credit card holders. You can check your statement and balance and review all recent transactions with online banking. The facility also allows you to request a credit limit increase or to transfer a balance from another credit card.
How can I apply for a Sainsbury’s Bank credit card?
- First, identify which of Sainsbury’s Bank’s credit cards are most useful in your current situation. Pick the balance transfer offer if you have an existing balance with another credit card company that you’d like to save interest on, or the purchases offer if you want to reduce interest charges on future purchases.
- Check that you meet the eligibility criteria for a Sainsbury’s Bank credit card.
- Click on Apply now on the page of the credit card offer you are interested in, or call Sainsbury’s Bank.
- Complete your personal details accurately as this will speed up the application process. Entering accurate details also reduces the chance your application will get rejected.
- Sainsbury’s Bank will consider your application. If your application is approved you can expect to receive your credit card and PIN number in the mail within a few working days.
What supporting documents and information will I need?
Your application will be quicker to process if you have all your details ready when applying. This includes your bank or building society account number, details of your existing credit cards and loans as well as your employment details.
Sainsbury’s credit card customer reviews
In our 2023 customer satisfaction survey, Sainsbury’s Bank scored 5 out of 5 stars, with 83% of customers saying they’d recommend the brand to a friend.
Customers praised Sainsbury’s Bank’s overall service and nectar rewards. One commented: “Excellent customer service and easy to use app and website”.
The bottom line
With a straightforward range of credit cards, Sainsbury’s Bank offers an easy way to save a lot on your existing interest charges, or to avoid interest charges on future purchases for a long period of time. You can even enjoy savings on both balance transfers and purchases with the Dual Offer credit card. You could do worse than Sainsbury’s Bank if you shop at Sainsbury’s often and hold a Nectar card, as a credit card from Sainsbury’s Bank can increase your Nectar point total by a pretty significant amount. All in all, a credit card with Sainsbury’s Bank is a hassle-free way to make savings on everyday purchases.
Overview of Sainsbury's Bank credit cards
|Representative APR||From 28.9% to 29.4%|
|0% balance transfer offer||Up to 20 months|
|0% purchases offer||Up to 3 months|
|0% money transfer offer||No money transfer offer available|
|Cashback with brand||Up to 1.5%|
|Cashback elsewhere||Up to 0.2%|
|Cash advance||From 28.95%|
|Introductory bonus offer||No introductory bonus offers available|
Frequently asked questions about Sainsbury’s Bank credit cards
Find the right card for you
More guides on Finder
Sainsbury’s Bank Everyday Credit Card review 2023
We explore how the Sainsbury’s Bank Everyday credit card lets you earn Nectar points as you spend.
Sainsbury’s Bank 20 Month Balance Transfer Credit Card review 2023
Earn Nectar points on shopping with the longest balance transfer card available from Sainsbury’s Bank.