This service provides simple guidance for your next personal loan.
- Best for quickly finding a lender through a transparent service.
- Pick something else if you want to avoid high potential rates.
Max. Loan Amount
5.99% to 35.99%
Min. Credit Score
Kellye Guinan is a writer and editor with Finder and has years of experience in academic writing and research. Between her passion for books and her love of language, she works on creating stories and volunteering her time on worthy causes. She lives in the woods and likes to find new bug friends in between reading just a little too much nonfiction.
TotalPersonalLoan is a transparent connection service that’s up front about the potential loan amount, APR and term you might receive from one of the lenders in its network. It’s a member of the Online Lenders Alliance (OLA), and its lenders offer APRs as low as 5.99%.
But like all connection services, you aren’t guaranteed to qualify for that low rate. Although borrowers with bad credit may be connected with a lender, you may receive an APR as high as 35.99% — or be limited to how much you can borrow.
First, am I eligible?
The lenders in TotalPersonalLoan's network may have more specific requirements, but you'll need to meet the following basic criteria to be connected:
- Active checking account
- Regular source of income
- Not a resident of New York, Oregon, West Virginia or Washington, DC
How much does TotalPersonalLoan cost?
TotalPersonalLoan is free to use, and you won't pay any fees to be connected with a lender. However, your lender will charge interest and fees when you borrow. Expect an APR between 5.99% to 35.99% — with terms between 61 days to 72 months. The cost of your loan will depend on your credit, income and other factors set by the lender TotalPersonalLoan connects you with.
How do I use TotalPersonalLoan?
To be connected to a lender in TotalPersonalLoan's network, follow these four steps:
- Click the Check my rate button on this page or go to TotalPersonalLoan's website.
- Select the amount you want to borrow, your credit score range and your loan purpose. Then click Start here.
- Enter information about yourself, including your date of birth, employment status and Social Security number.
- Review TotalPersonalLoan's terms and conditions, then click Submit request.
What information do I need to submit?
TotalPersonalLoan requires you to submit some basic personal information through its online form.
- Date of birth
- Gross monthly income
- Driver's license number
- Social Security number
- Bank routing and account numbers
Pros and cons
Although TotalPersonalLoan is a legit connection service, it requires you to provide a little more information than its competitors.
- Low starting amount of $500
- Member of the Online Lenders Alliance (OLA)
- Some lenders report on-time repayments
- Available in most states
- Potentially high APR of 35.99%
- May receive marketing materials after borrowing
- Must submit banking numbers
See other personal loan options
Select your credit score and state of residence to get matched with even more lenders.
How do repayments work with TotalPersonalLoan?
TotalPersonalLoan isn't the lender, so you won't make repayments to it. Instead, check your loan agreement for details on your repayment schedule and any fees — like late or nonsufficient funds (NSF) fees — you might have to pay.
If you have any questions or won't be able to make your payment, reach out to your lender directly.
Not sure you want to use a connection service? Read our guide to learn more about personal loans.