Vantis life insurance review 2022
Offers policies at competitive rates with charitable giving and accelerated benefit riders included.
finder.com's rating: 5 / 5
- Get a quote if…you’re looking for a basic policy at a reasonable rate.
- Pick something else if..you want more policy options and better online tools.
21 to 70
$50,000 to $2 million
Medical Exam Required
|Coverage maximum||$2 million|
|Term lengths||T10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years|
|Medical exam required||No|
|Available states||All 50 states|
|Issue age||21 to 70 years|
- Great customer reviews.
- Popular riders included.
- No medical exam term policies.
- No online claims.
- No mobile app.
- Limited products on offer.
No info available
Heather Petty is a personal finance writer at Finder specializing in home loans, banking and insurance. After falling victim to a disreputable mortgage broker when buying her first home, she’s on a mission to help readers avoid similar experiences when managing their own finances. A self-proclaimed word nerd, her writing has been featured on MSN, Credit.com and MediaFeed.org, among others. Heather previously worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Vantis Life is a financially stable company with a standard set of policies intended to appeal to working families and other customers looking for competitive rates and straightforward policies. But if you’re interested in a better online presence or more complex policies, such as universal or variable life insurance, you’ll want to shop around for a company that better suits your needs.
Have you considered Everyday Life?
Ladder multiple life insurance policies to save on the coverage you need for all your debts.
- Customizable coverage
- Range of term life lengths
- Coverage calculator tool
Take a look above because we feel Everyday Life would better fit your needs.
This product isn't available at Finder right now. Compare other options.
Vantis life insurance rates
We pulled 2021 sample quotes from Vantis’ online quote tool for a $500,000, 20-year term life policy for a healthy man and woman. Vanits’ rates are less than average for this coverage amount and term length with the exception of 50-year old men and people 60 and up.
How to get a quote from Vantis life insurance
Applying for a Vantis life insurance policy starts with getting a free quote. You can get a quote through a Vantis agent by calling 855-598-9370 or filling out the online form to get an agent callback. You can also get an online quote by following the steps below:
- From the home page of the Vantis website, click Get a Free Quote.
- Enter your personal information and click Continue.
- Select the product you want to purchase and click Quote this product.
- Select the details of the plan to see how your premium increases or decreases.
- Choose from the following options:
- Email me quote. A pop-up window displays with your pre-populated email and phone number. Indicate whether you’re willing to receive texts from Vantis and click Submit.
- Connect me to a licensed agent. A pop-up window displays with your pre-populated email and phone number. Select a good time to reach you and indicate whether you are willing to receive texts from the agent. Click Submit.
- Continue to application. A pop-up window displays to email the quote. Indicate whether you’re willing to receive texts from Vantis and click Submit.
- If you choose to apply, you will be asked for your driver’s license, Social Security number and bank information. Then, click Continue with application.
- Enter the information as requested, including personal details, your hobbies and activities, medical history and beneficiaries.
- Once you’ve electronically signed the policy, you can choose how to pay for it and submit.
What types of life insurance coverage does Vantis offer?
You can apply for the following Vantis life insurance policy packages:
- Term life.Get a customizable term policy with an instant quote process and no medical exam.
- Whole life.This permanent life insurance has guaranteed cash value after the first year, which is uncommon considering most policies don’t build much value in the first few years.
- Guaranteed issue life.Available to customers between 50 to 80 years old who want a life insurance policy without having to take a medical exam.
- Single premium whole life. Buy into an insurance policy with a single lump sum payment and still get the advantages of whole life. This policy comes with free add-ons like a return of payment rider, an accelerated benefit rider and a charitable giving rider.
What riders can I add to my policy?
Vantis offers several insurance add-ons, including the following:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. This rider allows you to receive part of your death benefit if you become terminally ill.
- Return-of-premium rider. This add-on guarantees the return of your base premiums if your term policy ends before you die. This excludes the part of your premium that pays for riders and any other extras.
- Waiver-of-premium rider. Waives your future premiums if you become disabled.
Vantis life insurance reviews and complaints
Vantis doesn’t have many online reviews, but the few available mostly show high customer satisfaction. TrustPilot has 49 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars. The complaints are mostly about a clunky website and the lack of online tools to manage customer accounts. The company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, and has an A+ financial strength rating with AM Best, as of October 2020.
|AM Best financial rating||
1/5 out of 2 customer reviews
|Trustpilot score||4.6/5 out of 95 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||26 October 2021|
Compare life insurance companies like Vantis
Is Vantis part of Penn Mutual?
Vantis has been in business for over 75 years and was recently acquired by Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company as a wholly owned affiliate. The company sells life insurance through banks and individually and currently has underwritten almost $5 billion in active life insurance policies.
Frequently asked questions about Vantis life insurance
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.