Learn out more about one of the UK’s ‘big four’ banks with our helpful guide.
Royal Bank of Scotland, commonly known as RBS, is one of the UK’s leading banks. RBS has around 700 branches, throughout Scotland, England and Wales. It also operates globally, serving around 24 million customers worldwide.
Read on to find out more about RBS, and find out whether you can see yourself banking with them.
£175 when you Switch and Stay with Royal Bank
What current accounts does RBS offer?
RBS currently offer four different current accounts:
- Select Account. This is RBS’s standard current account, offering everyday banking features.
- Select Silver Account. This account costs £10 per month, allowing access to preferential Travel Money rates, and European travel insurance.
- Select Platinum Account. This costs £17 per month, for all the features of the Silver Account plus additional benefits.
- Black Account. This account is £27 per month. It is RBS’s premium current account, offering an array of features and benefits such as worldwide insurance, car cover, and mobile phone insurance.
What savings accounts does RBS offer?
RBS currently offer two savings account for adults:
- Instant Saver. Simple instant access savings.
- Fixed Term Savings. This is a fixed interest rate accounts.
- First Saver. This is RBS’s children’s savings account. Scroll down to see more about RBS’s children’s savings accounts.
What about cash ISAs?
RBS currently offer two different cash ISAs:
- Instant Access ISA. Take advantage of tax-free savings of up to £20,000 – with full access to your money.
- Fixed Rate ISA. This account offers a fixed rate of return (0.75% for 2 years), with some access.
Does RBS offer any student or graduate accounts?
RBS currently offer one student and one graduate account:
- Student Bank Account. Arrange an interest free overdraft, and get 1/3 off coach travel for 4 years with national express.
- Graduate Bank Account. Interest free overdrafts of up to £2,000. Added benefits such as a tastecard (50% off your food bill).
Does RBS offer any savings accounts for children?
RBS offers a child current account:
- Revolve Bank Account. This simple child account is easy to manage via mobile app or online banking.
RBS also offers a child savings account:
- First Saver. RBS have created Pigby World – the account designed to teach kids about saving, while making it fun along the way. Watch videos, and follow interactive adventures on the Pigby Fair App.