Car insurance group 30
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 30 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 30?
With insurance groups ranging from 1-50, vehicles in group 30 tend to cost a bit more than average to insure.
The cars in this group score OK in factors used to determine the group ratings, such as having good car safety and security features and low repair costs.
We’ll be exploring these factors in greater detail throughout this guide. We’ll also look at the personal factors that insurers take into account when calculating your premium, including your age, location and driving history.
Car makes and models in insurance group 30
Here is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 30. As mentioned, there are likely to cost a bit more than average to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|30||Audi A3||The Audi A3 family hatchback handles really well. The petrol car comes in various engine sizes ranging from 1-litre to 2-litre engines.|
|30||BMW 3 series||This top-selling premium executive car won the WhatCar? Safety Award 2020 and a Fleet News Best Premium Car Award 2020.|
|30||Ford Fiesta||With strong fuel economy and low Co2 emissions, this small hatchback is as popular as ever. It won the Auto Express Supermini Car of the Year in 2019.|
|30||Kia Sorento||This large SUV finished 7th out of 31 manufacturers in the WhatCar? reliability survey in 2020.|
|30||Mazda RX-8||This lightweight sports car comes with a 1.3-litre engine and is very affordable considering its class.|
|30||Mercedes A-Class||This family car was awarded five stars by Euro NCAP with a host of safety features, including automatic emergency braking and lane keeping assistance.|
|30||Ford Mondeo||Now in its fifth generation, the Ford Mondeo is making a come back, and this versatile and historically cultured family car may regain some of its former popularity.|
|30||Volkswagen Polo GTI||This hot hatch comes with a 1.4-litre engine and automatic emergency braking as standard.|
Cars in insurance group 30 and the average cost by driver’s age
The table below will help you to work out how much it’ll cost to insure your car based on your age.
Why are cars in group 30 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 30 usually score a tiny bit below average for the following factors. That’s why they cost slightly higher than average to insure.
- Low market value
- Low repair costs
- Small engine
- Good security features
- Good safety features
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Larger engines cost more to repair or replace. As such, the bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident based on your location. If you live in an area where a lot of claims are made, you’ll pay more. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,046 for insurance for a Kia Sorento 1.6 T-GDi HEV 2 Auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £906.
- Driver age. Your age plays a big role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. This is because insurers will calculate the likelihood of someone your age making a claim, based on previous claims data. Younger drivers face higher premium costs for this reason. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,819 for the Lexus IS 300h Premier auto (01/17 on) 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £953.
Here are some other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating,
- Your car’s security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- The likelihood of your car model being targeted by thieves
- Your driving history, including your no-claims discount.
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a low car insurance group will help to reduce the price of your premium.
However, there are plenty of things you can do to reduce the cost of insuring a car in insurance group 30.
Here are some ideas:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious, but insurers offer lower premiums to safe drivers. Having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car as much. You could save money on your insurance by reducing your annual mileage. So, think about which journeys you could make by walking or by taking public transport.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you’ll avoid interest charges on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around for the best deal. The best car insurance deals tend to be offered to new customers, so don’t blindly accept your existing insurer’s renewal quote. Use price comparison sites to find out if another insurer will offer you a lower price.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 42
Find out what cars are available in insurance group 42 and how much it costs to insure them.