Car insurance group 25
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 25, how much it might cost to insure them and how to drive down your car insurance premiums.
What is insurance group 25?
Before they are made available to buy, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). This helps work out the cost of your car insurance premiums.
Insurance group 25 cars are on the cheaper side when it comes to car insurance. The cars that fall in this group usually score well in factors used to determine the group ratings, such as having good car safety and security features and possessing less powerful engines.
On top of that, insurers take into account personal factors, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 25
Below is a list of popular cars in insurance group 25. These are likely to fall on the cheaper side when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|25||Audi A4||This executive vehicle oozes class and style with its cultured 2-litre engine.|
|25||BMW 2 Series||This two-door sports car excites motorists with its crisp handling and sleek chassis.|
|25||Smart Fortwo Cabriolet||The original compact car is back as a third generation with an improved gearbox and suspension.|
|25||Citroen C4||The C4 family hatchback is 100% electric with features that include 3D LED lights. Its interior is well-appointed and it drives quietly.|
|25||Fiat 124 Spider||This classy two-seater has good fuel economy for its class. It received an impressive high Euro NCAP score for pedestrian protection (93%).|
|25||Ford Kuga||The Kuga won Best Hybrid Large SUV at the Electric WhatCar? Awards 2020 and remains competitively priced compared to its rivals.|
|25||Honda Accord||This family saloon won the 2019 Edmunds Editor’s Choice award for Best Sedan. Its safety features include a top-of-the-range collision mitigation braking system.|
|25||Land Rover Discovery||This vehicle won an award for the Best Luxury SUV under £60,000 at the 2020 WhatCar? Awards. Its safety features include a smart driver tiredness detection system and adaptive cruise control.|
Cars in insurance group 25 and the average cost by driver’s age
With the table below, you can look for your vehicle and work out how much you’re likely to pay to insure it based on your age.
Why are cars in group 25 one of the cheapest?
Cars in insurance group 25 are usually cheaper to insure due to the following factors:
- Lower market value
- Good security features
- Good safety features
- Inexpensive to source parts
- Inexpensive to make repairs
- Smaller less powerful engine
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
These three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The larger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. With a smaller engine, you’re likely to be seen as less of a risk to an insurer. This is usually reflected with a lower premium.
- Driver location. Insurers will factor in the likelihood of your car being stolen or damaged based on your location. It can have a significant impact on your premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £997 for insurance for a Land Rover Discovery 2.0 TD4 SE Tech (5 Seat) 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £868.
- Driver age. Insurers will consider your age when it comes to the likelihood of you making a claim. Here’s an example of how it can impact your premium. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,735 for the Renault Megane 2.0 TCE GT 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £909.
Here are some other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums.
- The model and age of your car.
- Your driving activity and history, including your no-claims bonus.
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions.
- Your marital status.
- Your credit history and job.
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in insurance group 25 is a great way to reduce the price of your premium.
However, there are a few other things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
We’ve listed them below:
- Drive safely. Having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could cut the cost of your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive in your vehicle per year. So, consider where you can opt for public transport or for walking.
- Pay annually. By paying annually for your car insurance, you’ll avoid paying interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the less you’ll be perceived as a risk for making a big claim. Your premium will usually drop to reflect this.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options. You’ll be surprised at how much you could save by shopping around.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.