Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare Wells Fargo business credit cards
All three options come with no foreign transaction fees and your choice of cash back or reward points.
Compare Wells Fargo business cards
Here’s a side-by-side comparison of each Wells Fargo business card to help make narrowing down your choice a bit simpler.
Overview of Wells Fargo business credit cards
Wells Fargo offers three business credit cards, each tailored to the size of your company.
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
Min. credit score
Although your credit line depends on your security deposit and you face a high APR with the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card, this card offers some advantages you don't often see in other secured business cards, notably the ability to earn rewards while getting your finances on track. In fact, the reward structure on this card is surprisingly thorough, allowing you to choose between 1.5% cash back or 1x reward points on purchases. Should you choose points, Wells Fargo will give an additional 1,000 points for every $1,000 your company spends in a monthly billing period.
Finally, the security deposit required for the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card is rather flexible, requiring between $500 and $25,000 in order to open the account. This offers some solid wiggle room, depending on how your business is performing financially. Just take care to pay your balance on time, as this card doesn't feature an intro APR period. This card isn't ideal for multiple employee cards, as each is subject to an additional annual fee.
|Purchase APR||15.15% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Rewards||1.5% cash back on all purchases|
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
A standout benefit to this card lays in the intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers. Cardholders enjoy a 0% intro APR offer on both for the first 9 months of card membership, reverting to a variable APR of 11.24% to 21.24%. This intro APR is a handy tool for businesses in the middle of growing or looking to dig out of an expansion period.
Interestingly, you also won't have to worry about paying an annual fee with this card, which is a solid deal and in line with other intro APR business cards.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 9 months (then 11.24% to 21.24% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 9 months (then 11.24% to 21.24% variable)|
$300 when you enroll in the rewards program and spend $3,000 in the first
|Rewards||Choose 1.5% cash back or 1x points on all purchases|
Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card
Min. credit score
As with all Wells Fargo business cards, you're entitled to a choice of rewards programs with enticing bonuses whether you opt for cash back or reward points, including a signup bonus of $500 or 50,000 points after you spend $15,000 in the first 3 months. The Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card also offers travel insurance and zero foreign transaction fees, making it solid among business travel cards.
|Annual Fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($125 thereafter)|
|Purchase APR||7.24% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Welcome offer||$500 or 50,000 bonus points when you enroll in the rewards program and spend $15,000 in first 3 months|
|Rewards||1.5% cash back or 1x points on all purchases, plus 5,000 points after spending $10,000 or more in any monthly billing period|
Comparison of Wells Fargo business card features
|Card||Signup bonus||Foreign transaction fees||Balance transfer fees||Travel benefits||Zero liability protection|
|Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card||N/A||None||N/A||No||Yes|
|Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card||$300||None||$10 or 4%||No||Yes|
|Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card||$500 or 50,000 points||None||N/A||Travel incidental fee reimbursement||Yes|
How to compare Wells Fargo business credit cards
Each of Wells Fargo’s business cards are tailored for your company’s credit score and the size of your business. Give these factors some thought when searching for the right business card:
- Do you have a low credit score? For business owners with poor or no credit, the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card is a good place to start. Although your credit line depends on your security deposit, it offers a chance to improve your credit history while earning rewards.
- How often do you travel? If your company travels frequently, you may find the Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card beneficial, as it offers travel and rental car insurance, emergency services and no foreign transaction fees.
- Does your company want to make a balance transfer? If you want to transfer an existing card balance from a non-Wells Fargo account, the Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card is the only option that offers an intro APR period for balance transfers.
- Do you spend over $10,000 a month? If you’re spending five figures every month, then the Wells Fargo Business Elite Signature Card offers the best return in terms of rewards and cash back.
Why choose a Wells Fargo business credit card?
Wells Fargo business cards offer the standard array of perks and reward potential you’d want from a business card. Plus, Wells Fargo offers just three business cards, each tailored to a certain type of business. Some of the potential benefits include:
- Choice of rewards. All Wells Fargo business cards give you the choice of earning 1x reward points or 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Bonus reward points. You can earn additional bonus points for every $1 spent at participating Earn More Mall retailers. Plus, you’ll get a 10% bonus when you redeem your points online.
- No foreign transaction fees. Wells Fargo business cards don’t charge fees for purchases made overseas or at foreign websites. Other providers typically charge up to 3% per transaction, so this could be a fair amount of savings depending on how much you travel.
- Zero liability protection. All cards have built-in protection, which means you won’t be responsible for any unauthorized transactions.
- Business tools. All account holders have access to Wells Fargo Business Online, where you can manage spending, payments and transfers online. You can also leverage the Business Spending Report to manage your expenses.
- Employee cards. All three cards allow you to add employee cards, but the amount available and costs can vary.
- Customize your card. Impress clients with a customized card with Wells Fargo’s Card Design Studio Service.
- Overdraft protection. Avoid overdrafts and returned check fees by signing up for the Wells Fargo Business Online service.
When it comes to choosing between Wells Fargo credit cards, it’s really the size of your business and credit history that will dictate which is the best fit. The cards all offer the same rewards system, basic business tools and no foreign transaction fees, which many companies will find appealing.
But with a universal benefits system across all three cards, businesses with big travel expenses may find other providers offer higher reward returns per dollar.
As always, compare your business credit card options to find the one that best suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
Upgrade Card review
The fee-free Upgrade Card offers 1.5% cash back, but it lacks many standard benefits.
Best cashback credit cards
The top cards often have cashback rewards of 5% or more. But which one is the best for you depends on how you spend.
Best 0% APR credit cards
Our top picks for cards with zero intro APR in 2021.
Best TD Bank credit cards of 2021
The Best TD Bank credit cards are solid, but nothing special.
Best credit cards for travel in 2021
Here are our picks for the top travel cards on the market.
Guide to Chase Mastercard credit cards
There are three Chase Mastercard credit cards, but all three are excellent options for frequent travelers.
Think twice before applying for a store credit card this holiday season
Store cards sound appealing, but aren’t often your best choice.
Ask an Expert