All three options come with no foreign transaction fees and your choice of cash back or reward points.
Wells Fargo has kept it simple by limiting its business card offerings to three choices. With a universal rewards program across all cards, it’s easier to choose based on the size of your business and what your credit history will allow.
Best Wells Fargo business credit cards
Wells Fargo offers three business credit cards, each tailored to the size of your company.
Jump to …
Best card for building business credit: Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
For new business owners and those looking to rebuild a shaky credit history, a secured credit card could be a good option. Using it responsibly and paying on time can help your efforts to build or rehabilitate your business credit score. Although your credit line depends on your security deposit and you face a high APR with the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card, you can still earn rewards while getting your finances on track.
Best card for intro APR and balance transfers: Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
For small business owners with annual sales up to $2 million, the Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card could be a good fit. There are some good welcome offers, including a cashback bonus, an intro APR offer for the first 9 months of card membership and no annual fees. You also have use of the handy Wells Fargo cash management tools and Business Spending Report.
Best corporate card: Wells Fargo Business Elite Card®
Business owners with annual sales over $1 million who often travel outside the country could find the Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® appealing. It comes with comprehensive online business support tools to help you manage your company spending, as well as travel insurance and zero foreign transaction fees.
As with all Wells Fargo business cards, you’re entitled to a choice of rewards programs with enticing bonuses whether you opt for cash back or reward points.
How to compare Wells Fargo business credit cards
Each of Wells Fargo’s business cards are tailored for your company’s credit score and the size of your business. Give these factors some thought when searching for the right business card:
- Do you have a low credit score? For business owners with poor or no credit, the Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card is a good place to start. Although your credit line depends on your security deposit, it offers a chance to improve your credit history while earning rewards.
- How often do you travel? If your company travels frequently, you may find the Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® beneficial, as it offers travel and rental car insurance, emergency services and no foreign transaction fees.
- Does your company want to make a balance transfer? If you want to transfer an existing card balance from a non-Wells Fargo account, the Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card is the only option that offers an intro APR period for balance transfers.
- Do you spend over $10,000 a month? If you’re spending five figures every month, then the Wells Fargo Business Elite Card® offers the best return in terms of rewards and cash back.
Why choose a Wells Fargo business credit card?
- Choice of rewards. All Wells Fargo business cards give you the choice of earning 1x reward points or 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Bonus reward points. You can earn additional bonus points for every $1 spent at participating Earn More Mall retailers. Plus, you’ll get a 10% bonus when you redeem your points online.
- No foreign transaction fees. Wells Fargo business cards don’t charge fees for purchases made overseas or at foreign websites. Other providers typically charge up to 3% per transaction, so this could be a fair amount of savings depending on how much you travel.
- Zero liability protection. All cards have built-in protection, which means you won’t be responsible for any unauthorized transactions.
- Business tools. All account holders have access to Wells Fargo Business Online, where you can manage spending, payments and transfers online. You can also leverage the Business Spending Report to manage your expenses.
- Employee cards. All three cards allow you to add employee cards, but the amount available and costs can vary.
- Customize your card. Impress clients with a customized card with Wells Fargo’s Card Design Studio Service.
- Overdraft protection. Avoid overdrafts and returned check fees by signing up for the Wells Fargo Business Online service.
Compare business credit cards
When it comes to choosing between Wells Fargo credit cards, it’s really the size of your business and credit history that will dictate which is the best fit. The cards all offer the same rewards system, basic business tools and no foreign transaction fees, which many companies will find appealing.
With a universal benefits system across all three cards, businesses with big travel expenses may find other providers offer higher reward returns per dollar.
As always, compare your business credit card options to find the one that best suits your needs.