Kia car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring a Kia, and the insurers that could cover you.
Kia is South Korea’s second largest motoring company after Hyundai and has been manufacturing cars since the 1940s.
All its cars come with a whopping seven-year warranty and there’s a large range of affordable models to suit every budget – from its tiny Kia Picanto to the bigger Kia Sorento. The Kia Sportage is one of the most popular car models on British roads and accounts for 40% of all Kia sales in the UK.
If you decide to go for a Kia, read on to see how much it might cost to insure.
What’s the average insurance cost for a Kia?
The insurance cost for a Kia varies greatly depending on the model you select and your own circumstances. For the Kia Sportage, the most popular Kia model on UK roads, we ran quotes and found the average was £712.37 annually or £69.27 a month for fully comprehensive cover with no optional extras. Your actual cost will be more or less, depending on your driving record and the number of miles you drive in a year as well as other factors.
Kia car facts
- Kia was founded in December 1944 and started manufacturing Mazda-licensed cars in 1974 before eventually making its own branded cars.
- Popular Kia models include the Picanto, Soul, Optima, Sorento and Niro hybrid.
- Following Kia’s bankruptcy in 1997 during the Asian financial crisis, Hyundai became Kia’s largest stakeholder and is now part owner of Kia Motors.
- Kia models suit a range of budgets from its smallest car, the Kia Picanto, to the bigger Kia Sorento.
- Kia began selling cars in the UK in 1991 as part of Kia Motors Europe.
- The Pride model was the first and only Kia car to be sold in the UK in 1991 initially with almost 1,800 sold in its first year. Its replacement was the Picanto, the very first five-door city car.
Pros and cons of Kias
- Newer models do well in safety tests
- Reasonable to repair or replace
- Reasonably efficient
- Targeted by thieves
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include the following:
Frequently asked questions about Kia
Read more on this topic
Car insurance group 7 Find out how much it might cost to insure a car in insurance group 7.
Classes of use: How they affect the cost of your car insurance Find out what classes of use means in car insurance and how to choose the right one based on your individual circumstances.
Vauxhall Adam insurance group and cost Find out the car insurance costs for a Vauxhall Adam based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Suzuki Alto insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance in the UK for a Suzuki Alto based on the driver's age and their location.
Car insurance group 8 Find out the list of cars in insurance group 8 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 10 Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 10 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 9 Find out the list of cars in insurance group 9 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Best car insurance for over 50s in the UK right now We've reviewed and rated the best car insurance providers out there in the UK for over 50s.
Mazda RX-8 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda RX-8 based on the driver's age and location.
Peugeot 107 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Peugeot 107 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.