Ford car insurance rates
See how to cover your Ford and the average cost of insurance now.
Ford is an American automaker that was established in 1903 and remains one of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world. The humble Ford Fiesta has also topped the UK’s best-selling car list for four decades.
What's in this guide?
- Where can you find Ford insurance?
- What's the average insurance cost for a Ford?
- Companies that provide cover for a Ford
- What insurance group is a Ford?
- Ford car facts
- What's the FordPass?
- Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
- Ford competitors
- Frequently asked questions about Ford
Where can you find Ford insurance?
You can get insurance for your Ford from most insurance providers in the UK. If you’re looking to compare insurance options, you can compare a range of quotes now. Ford UK also offer insurance through Ford Insure.
What’s the average insurance cost for a Ford?
The insurance cost for a Ford varies greatly depending on the model you select and your own circumstances. For the Ford Fiesta, the most popular Ford model on the nation’s roads, we ran quotes using a scenario and found the average was £669 annually or £72 a month for fully comprehensive cover with no optional extras. Your actual will be more or less, depending on your driving record and the number of miles you drive in a year as well as other factors.
What insurance group is a Ford?
This will depend on the specific make and model of your Ford, but popular models will generally fall into the following insurance groups:
Ford Focus: Insurance groups 8 to 34.
Ford Fiesta: Insurance groups 2 to 17.
Ford Fiesta Active: Insurance groups 7 to 14.
Ford Fiesta ST: Insurance groups 28 to 31.
Ford Ka: Insurance groups 1 to 5.
Ford car facts
- Ford was founded in 1903 in the US — the first model (Model A) was sold that same year for US$850.
- Three Model A cars were brought to the UK in 1903.
- The first UK Ford dealership was opened in 1910.
- In 1909, Ford Motor Company (England) Ltd was established. It became more widely known as Ford of Britain in 1960.
- The Ford Fiesta, now in its eighth generation, has been Britain’s best-loved car for 40 years.
- Ford is the second largest family-owned company in the world. A descendant of Henry Ford is the current executive chairman of the company.
- Ford prices start at £11,000 for a Ka+ and can go up to £37,000 and beyond for a Mustang.
- The Ford F-Series model was the best-selling car in the world in 2017. The Ford Focus came 12th, followed by the Ford Escape/Kuga in 13th.
What’s the FordPass?
FordPass allows drivers that download the free app to access a whole suite of connected services, all in one place. If a driver arrives in a new city, they could use the FordPass guides to search and pay for parking, find the closest petrol station or find the best route through a congested road during rush hour.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Ford
More guides on Finder
Ford C-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford C-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford B-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford B-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford S-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford S-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Puma insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Puma falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Fiesta insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Ford Fiesta and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert