Nissan insurance rates
What to expect when insuring a Nissan - and how to find the best quote.
Japanese manufacturer Nissan has been selling cars in the UK since 1968, and the Nissan Qashqai was the fourth best selling car in the country in 2018.
If you’re on the hunt for a new Nissan or already have one parked outside, learn how much it’ll cost to insure below.
How much does Nissan car insurance cost?
The average insurance costs for popular Nissan model are:
Nissan Micra – £464
Nissan Juke – £890
Nissan X-Trail – £460
However, the cost of Nissan insurance will vary based on the model you select and which insurance group it is in. For example, we looked into the average cost of insuring a Nissan Qashqai, the most popular Nissan in the UK, and found it to be £851 annually or £94 a month for fully comprehensive cover with no optional extras.
Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your driving record, where you live and the number of miles you drive in a year, among other factors.
How a vehicle from Nissan affects insurance costs
Insurance companies look at several car-related factors when determining the cost of insurance, including the car’s safety ratings, its likelihood of being stolen, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility.
The good safety ratings of Nissans make them affordable to insure. However, some models are a target with criminals, which can push up the cost of car insurance.
Other factors that affect the cost of insurance include the model, annual mileage and trim package. Personal factors like your driving history, age and address are also likely be taken into consideration.
Are there any standout models?
The Nissan GT-R NISMO is Nissan’s premium sports car. Features include the NISMO-tuned 600-hp, 3.8-litre, high-capacity twin-turbocharged V6 engine; an aerodynamic body design with carbon-fibre front and rear fascias, side sills and rear spoiler; and an all-wheel-drive drivetrain.
Prices start from around £150,000.
Pros and cons of insuring a Nissan
- Great safety ratings
- Not expensive to repair or replace partly due to a Nissan manufacturing plant operating in the UK
- Some models are targeted by thieves
Nissan car facts
- Nissan sells cars along a spectrum of price points. You’ll find budget models like the Nissan Micra, the Leaf, an electric car, as well as high-priced options like the Nissan GT-R ‘Z’.
- The Nissan Leaf, Navara and the Qashqai have been targeted with car thieves, in part, because of their keyless entry systems.
- Nissans typically score good safety ratings across the board from the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP), getting the maximum 5-star rating for different models, including the Nissan Leaf, Pulsar, Qashqai and Juke. This helps to lower insurance costs.
- Nissan’s spacious seven-seater X-Trail was the world’s fourth most popular car sold in 2017. More than 390,000 vehicles have been sold worldwide.
- You may want more than just third party cover for your Nissan, especially if it’s more more at risk with criminals. Expanding your protection to third party fire and theft or comprehensive cover might be a better fit for your needs.
What is NissanConnect?
Nissan’s infotainment system, NissanConnect, brings together navigation, security and connectivity. Control your Nissan by voice or touch. Start your car with a command to an Alexa-enabled device, or unlock your doors from your smartphone.
Once inside your Nissan, you can stream music and get navigation assistance from your vehicle’s display screen. Or send a hands-free text by voice command.
New Nissan models all feature a two-year free subscription of the NissanConnect Services. You can then decide whether to extend your subscription or not after that period.
You’re likely to find affordable car insurance for your Nissan, barring any personal hiccups like a poor driving record. But be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Nissan
Read more on this topic
Nissan Pulsar insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Pulsar falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Pixo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Pixo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan X-Trail insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan X-Trail falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan GTR insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure a Nissan GTR based on the model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan 350Z insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure your Nissan 350Z based on the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan Almera insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Nissan Almera based on your age and location.
Nissan Note insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Nissan Note in the UK based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan Juke insurance group & cost
Find out how much it could cost you to insure a Nissan Juke and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Nissan Qashqai insurance group & cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Nissan Qashqai and how to save on your car insurance premiums.