What to expect when insuring a Ford, and the insurers that could cover you.
They’ve been around forever (well, 1903) and are designed to be efficient, reliable and reasonably priced. The humble Ford Fiesta has topped the UK’s best-selling car list for four decades, and over 94,500 Ford Fiesta models were sold in 2017 in the UK alone. Other popular models in the UK include the Ford Ka, Ford Kuga and Ford Focus. Since it’s popular, does that also mean it’s cheap to insure? Here’s what you need to know.
What’s the average insurance cost for a Ford?
The insurance cost for a Ford varies greatly depending on the model you select and your own circumstances. For the Ford Fiesta, the most popular Ford model on the nation’s roads, we ran quotes using a scenario and found the average was £669 annually or £72 a month for fully comprehensive cover with no optional extras. Your actual will be more or less, depending on your driving record and the number of miles you drive in a year as well as other factors.
Companies that provide cover for a Ford
Plenty of insurance companies will provide cover for a Ford, and they’re generally affordable cars to insure. However, they are sometimes targeted by thieves, which can up the price of your premium. Other factors that affect the cost include the model, mileage and trim package.
Ford car facts
- Ford was founded in 1903 in the US — the first model (Model A) was sold that same year for US$850.
- Three Model A cars were brought to the UK in 1903.
- The first UK Ford dealership was opened in 1910.
- In 1909, Ford Motor Company (England) Ltd was established. It became more widely known as Ford of Britain in 1960.
- The Ford Fiesta, now in its eighth generation, has been Britain’s best-loved car for 40 years.
- Ford is the second largest family-owned company in the world. A descendant of Henry Ford is the current executive chairman of the company.
- Ford prices start at £11,000 for a Ka+ and can go up to £37,000 and beyond for a Mustang.
- The Ford F-Series model was the best-selling car in the world in 2017. The Ford Focus came 12th, followed by the Ford Escape/Kuga in 13th.
What’s the FordPass?
FordPass allows drivers that download the free app to access a whole suite of connected services, all in one place. If a driver arrives in a new city, they could use the FordPass guides to search and pay for parking, find the closest petrol station or find the best route through a congested road during rush hour.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Ford