Car insurance group 32
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 32 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 32?
Vehicles in group 32 tend to be more expensive to insure. The cars that fall in this group tend to have a higher market value and cost a lot to repair. They’re also statistically more likely to get into accidents or be involved in criminal acts.
The insurance group that a specific vehicle is assigned will depend on a variety of factors, such as vehicle performance, safety features, cost of repairs and security features.
In this guide, we’ll take a deeper look at these factors, as well as the other factors that insurers take into account, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 32
There are several popular cars in insurance group 32 that are likely to fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premium.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|32||Audi Q3||This subcompact SUV boasts modern tech features, complemented by its balance of comfort and agility all tied to very generous pricing.|
|32||BMW X4 SUV||This speedy SUV sports a powerful turbocharged 3.0-litre engine. It received a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP with safety features including knee airbags.|
|32||Ford S-Max||A large 5-seater SUV which is affordable compared to others in its class. It also earned a 5-star award from Euro NCAP.|
|32||DS 5||This classy hatchback works best as a comfortable motorway cruiser. It offers a wide choice of diesel engines ranging from 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre options.|
|32||Jaguar F-Pace||This high-performing SUV holds a 5-litre supercharged engine that generates 550 horsepower. It also scored a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|32||Kia Stinger||An athletic sedan with safety features, including a standard blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert.|
|32||Land Rover Defender||This vehicle provides the full off-road experience. It scooped three coveted What Car? awards in 2020.|
|32||Mazda MX-5||The MX-5 was rated as the most reliable sports car in the 2019 WhatCar? Reliability Survey.|
Cars in insurance group 32 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for the make and model of your car, and work out how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 32 more expensive to insure?
In many cases, cars in insurance group 32 tend to cost more to insure because of the following factors:
- High market value
- Expensive to source parts and make repairs
- Larger engine
- Longer repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The larger your engine, the more it will cost to repair or replace. This is usually reflected with a higher premium.
- Driver location. Insurers consider the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident, based on your location. This will affect the size of your premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,054 for insurance for a BMW 3 Series 330i Sport Automatic 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £900.
- Driver age. Like location, the age of the driver plays a huge role in calculating the cost of your insurance premium. Insurers will use previous claims data to work out the odds of someone your age making a claim, and adjust your premium accordingly. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,834 for the Range Rover Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure (9speed) Hatchback 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £960.
Here are some of the other factors that can also impact the price of your premium.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The likelihood of your model being stolen, based on previous data
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- The length of your no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group is a great way to reduce the price of your premium.
Here are some more ideas for you to save money on your car insurance premium.
- Drive safely. Having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. The higher your annual mileage, the more of a risk you’ll be perceived as by insurers. So, consider journeys where you can potentially use public transport or walk.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you avoid the possibility of paying interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, use price comparison websites to find the best deal for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert