Who is Fortify Insurance?
Fortify Insurance is a UK company based in Cardiff that has been in operation since 2016. It offers several insurance products, including life and travel insurance. Fortify prides itself on being ethical, open and fair whilst providing a first class service and insurance.
What are my cover options with Fortify Insurance?
Fortify Travel Insurance offers several different travel insurance policies. These policies are listed below with a selection of their features.
- You must be under the age of 85
- You are permitted to travel for 100 days up to the age of 75, and 31 days over the age of 76
- Medical expenses are covered up to £25 million
- Additional cover available for travel disruption
- Trip cancellation covered up to £10,000 per person
- You have to be under the age of 85
- Any amount of trips are permitted, but they cannot exceed 50 days per trip if you are under the age of 65, and 35 days up to the age of 85
- You have the option to increase your trip limit to 100 days
- Travel delay cover up to £500
- Lost or stolen money cover up to £500
- You have to be under the age of 39
- Policies can last up to 546 days
- One trip home is permitted up to a maximum of 14 days
- Cover up to £750 for loss of money, passport and documents
- Option to change your policy whilst travelling
- Emergency medical repatriation
- Any changes to your itinerary
- If you miss your departure
- Cabin confinement
- Cruise interruption
- Cover for any damaged, stolen or lost ski equipment, as well as hired replacements so that you can carry on your holiday
- Cover for the loss of your ski pass
- Cover for any piste closures due to bad weather
- Cover for avalanches and landslides
- Golf cover
- Business equipment cover
- Overseas wedding cover
Fortify’s cover level options
Fortify Insurance offers three different cover levels of travel insurance. These include:
- Standard. This is Fortify’s most basic cover level. It offers a lower price for a lower level of cover and a higher excess. Ideal if you’re looking for cheap cover.
- Premier. If you looking for a mid-range level of cover and average travel insurance price then Fortify’s premier cover could be right for you.
- Premier Plus. This is Fortify’s highest level of cover available, it includes a zero excess benefit but as you can imagine is their most expensive cover level.
|Cancellation and curtailment||£2,500||£5,000||£10,000|
|Emergency medical expenses||£5,000||£10,000||£25,000|
|Personal money, passport and documents||✓||✓||✓|
|Hijack and kidnap||✓||✓||✓|
|Travel disruption cover||✓||✓||✓|
|Abandoning your holiday||–||£5,000||£10,000|
What’s my excess?
Your excess is the amount of money that you will be expected to pay if you make a claim. The price of your excess will differ based on your level of cover and the claim you are making.
For full details on your excess, make sure you read your Policy Schedule.
What is the claims process for Fortify Insurance?
If you have a medical emergency, call 0292 0474 221. Lines are open 24/7.
Fortify has a dedicated claims line to call on 0292 0468 500.
You must report your claim within 28 days of returning home.
Pros and cons for Fortify Insurance
- Three cover levels of travel insurance available to suit different budgets
- Policies can be tailored to fit your travelling needs with a range of optional extras
- Claims service is not open 24/7
- Upper age limits apply (winter sports cover capped at 60 years old and backpacker cover capped at 39 years old)
- Extremely limited information available on the Fortify Insurance website
If you like to do your research online, then Fortify probably isn’t for you as information is extremely limited on its website. However, if you don’t mind calling up and speaking to a representative, then you may just be able to find a travel insurance policy. It also offers single and annual policies that are each available in three different cover levels.
You can’t go wrong by doing a little shopping around and comparing the deals available to find the best one to suit your needs.
More guides on Finder
Randox Health review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
We review Randox COVID-19 PCR tests for travel including pre-departure, day 2 & day 8 tests to see if they are worth your time and money.
AmazonBasics mattress review
Buying a bed on a budget just got a whole lot easier, though without the sleep trial you might expect.
Emma mattress review
Find out more about the budget-friendly Emma mattress with its 200-day free trial, including comfort, composition, shipping, returns, FAQs and more.
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.