Check out our guide to find out if Fortify my travel insurance have the insurance policy for your travelling needs.
When travelling, it is important to have insurance incase you become injured or your money gets stolen. Should the worst happen, travel insurance can help you out of a bad situation.
Read our guide to find out if Fortify Travel Insurance offers a policy that is right for you.
Fortify Travel Insurance
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Up to £25,000,000 worth of medical cover
- Up to £10,000 cancellation & curtailment cover
- Cover for your needs - including ski, cruise & golf insurance
Who is Fortify Travel Insurance?
Fortify Insurance is a UK company based in Cardiff that has been in operation since 2016. They offer several insurance products, including life and travel insurance. They pride themselves on being ethical, open and fair.
They aim to provide first class service and insurance.
What are my cover options with Fortify Travel Insurance?
Fortify Travel Insurance offer several different travel insurance policies. These policies are listed below with a selection of their features.
- You must be under the age of 85
- You are permitted to travel for 100 days up to the age of 75, and 31 days over the age of 76
- Medical expenses are covered up to £25 million
- Additional cover available for travel disruption
- Trip cancellation covered up to £10,000 per person
- You have to be under the age of 85
- Any amount of trips are permitted, but they cannot exceed 50 days per trip if you are under the age of 65, and 35 days up to the age of 85
- You have the option to increase your trip limit to 100 days
- Travel delay cover up to £500
- Lost or stolen money cover up to £500
- You have to be under the age of 39
- Policies can last up to 546 days
- One trip home is permitted up to a maximum of 14 days
- Cover up to £750 for loss of money, passport and documents
- Option to change your policy whilst travelling
- Emergency medical repatriation
- Any changes to your itinerary
- If you miss your departure
- Cabin confinement
- Cruise interruption
- Cover for any damaged, stolen or lost ski equipment, as well as hired replacements so that you can carry on your holiday
- Cover for the loss of your ski pass
- Cover for any piste closures due to bad weather
- Cover for avalanches and landslides
- Golf cover
- Business equipment cover
- Overseas wedding cover
Fortify’s cover level options
Fortify Travel Insurance offer three different levels of cover for their insurance policies. They include:
- Standard. This is Fortify’s most basic cover level. It offers a lower price for a lower level of cover and a higher excess. Ideal if you’re looking for cheap cover.
- Premier. If you looking for a mid-range level of cover and average travel insurance price then Fortify’s premier cover could be right for you.
- Premier Plus. This is Fortify’s highest level of cover available, it includes a zero excess benefit but as you can imagine is their most expensive cover level.
|Cancellation and curtailment||£2,500||£5,000||£10,000|
|Emergency medical expenses||£5,000||£10,000||£25,000|
|Personal money, passport and documents||✓||✓||✓|
|Hijack and kidnap||✓||✓||✓|
|Travel disruption cover||✓||✓||✓|
|Abandoning your holiday||–||£5,000||£10,000|
What’s my excess?
Your excess is the amount of money that you will be expected to pay if you make a claim. The price of your excess will differ based on your level of cover and the claim you are making.
For full details on your excess, make sure you read your Policy Schedule.
What is the claims process for Fortify Travel Insurance?
If you have a medical emergency, call 0292 0474 221. Lines are open 24/7.
For claims under section A of your Policy Schedule, contact Global Response. You can call on 0292 0474 222 or email email@example.com. You must report your claim within 28 days of returning home.
For claims under section B, contact MGA. You can call on 020 3540 4422 or email claims@MGACS.com.
Fortify travel insurance pros and cons
- Clear access to policy documents and policy information
- You can tailor your policy to fit your travelling needs with a range of optional extras
- Claims service is not open 24/7
- Upper age limits apply, with Winter sports cover capped at 60 years old