Same-day money transfers
Send cash to another country within 24 hours from the comfort of your home.
Online money transfer companies offer a secure way to send a same-day money transfer overseas almost instantly – but a tighter time frame usually means higher fees.
Compare transfers services that send within the day
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What is a same-day money transfer?
A same-day money transfer allows you to send funds abroad that will arrive with your beneficiary within 24 hours. It’s the same as any other overseas money transfer, but quicker. Some providers can even offer instant transfers.
However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poorer exchange rates.
What are my options for sending a same-day money transfer overseas?
There are three main ways to transfer money overseas on the same day:
Digital money transfer services
Companies like OFX and CurrencyTransfer specialise in foreign currencies, making them some of the most cost-effective transfers. These services are found online and typically have no physical offices.
You’ll need to visit a provider’s site and initiate the transfer online using a debit card, credit card or bank account.
MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit offer cash pickups. Your money can typically be available for pickup within 15 minutes at hundreds of thousands of locations around the world.
To use this option, visit your nearest agent location to start your transfer. The funds can then be collected by your recipient at a branch in their country of residence.
Major UK banks make it possible to send a same-day money transfer abroad. However, while transfers within 24 hours are possible to select countries and currencies, funds sent to other destinations could take as long as five days to arrive.
Visit your local bank branch or the bank’s website to initiate a transfer – but just be sure to check the processing time.
How much does a same-day money transfer cost?
Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Not all will charge an extra fee for expedited same-day service. For example, OFX and Citibank don’t charge rush fees for same-day transfers.
How do I compare same-day money transfers?
- Exchange rates. Look for the strongest rates you can find. But be wary of high fees that may be attached.
- Fees. Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Some providers waive their fee when you transfer a large amount.
- Transfer options. If sending your funds for cash pickup overseas, compare how many agent locations are near your recipient.
- Transfer methods. Can you initiate the transfer, or will you need to visit a branch?
- Pickup methods. While some companies offer fast cash pickup, others deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- Customer support. Look for a company with a solid reputation for providing professional and friendly customer support. Do they offer help by phone, email or live chat – and are the hours convenient?
Can I do a same-day money transfer with PayPal?
Yes. You can use your established PayPal account to send personal payments in minutes to friends and family abroad.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes if you have online access to your bank statements. This is because PayPal deposits small amounts into your account, and you’re required to verify your account based on the deposits.
- Fast. Same-day international transfers let you get funds to loved ones and businesses overseas as quickly as possible.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfer online, through an agent location or at your bank.
- Potentially costly. A same-day money transfer will typically attract higher fees and weaker exchange rates than regular transfers, so prepare to pay extra to send your funds.
- Potential delays. The funds will typically be delivered to your recipient’s PayPal instantly after sending, but to get the money to their bank account could take up to 5 business days.
What should I look out for when making a same-day money transfer?
You’ll typically receive a weaker exchange rate and pay higher transfer fees with a same-day money transfer, so carefully review the full details of your transfer before you hand over any money. Be aware that some transfer providers – for example, your bank – will not always be able to offer a same-day transfer to your destinations.
Using a transfer provider that offers cash pickup is the most reliable way to send a same-day money transfer. But if you have a little extra time, you may be able to get a better deal by sending a bank-to-bank transfer. Be sure to compare money transfer services to find out more about which provider will work best for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Compare current accounts
If you don’t feel like you’re getting much from your bank account, switching has never been easier! Banks and building societies offer up cash and vouchers when you switch, and will handle the boring bits for you.
Wise vs Xoom
PayPal’s native international transfers service goes up against the UK’s own Wise.
Credit builder loans explained
Find out how credit builder loans work and whether they are right for you
Western Union vs Wise
Wise beats Western Union on exchange rate but has a way to go to match Western Union’s features (you can’t send cash) and global coverage.
Overdraft or credit card: Which is better to borrow money?
Discover more about how credit cards and overdrafts work to see which option is best for you.
OFX vs Wise
Compare live quotes and forex features from these two trusted global transfer specialists.
Apps like Xoom
Find alternatives to PayPal’s Xoom and compare costs on your next overseas transfer.
CurrencyFair vs Wise
Two bank-beating heavyweights of international money transfers go head-to-head in our comparison.
How to invest in whisky
Find out if whisky is considered a good investment, how you can invest it, and the best ways to buy whisky in the UK.
TorFX vs Wise
Wise and TorFX go head-to-head in our clash of the international money transfer platforms.
Ask an Expert