Send money to New Zealand
Shop around for the best money transfer service that will help you save both money and time.
Our interactive table lets you compare current fees, exchange rates, transfer speeds and other details. Enter the amount you’re transferring and pick the provider that best fits your needs.
XE Money Transfer
XE specialises in a wide range of foreign currency solutions and offers an affordable solution when you need to send money overseas.
- Send money to 60+ countries.
- Competitive exchange rates that are often better than banks.
- Transfer up to US$500,000 online.
- See exchange rates in real-time.
Compare services that send money to New Zealand from the UK
How to send money to New Zealand in 3 steps
- Choose a money transfer provider. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table then pick the best service for your needs. Create an account on the provider’s site.
- Pick your payment method. Decide if you want to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Make your transfer. The money will be deposited into your recipient’s account in New Zealand, or sent to a cash pick up location.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to New Zealand?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to New Zealand on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert