Citroën C1 insurance group & cost
Use our guide to find out how much it'll cost you to insure a Citroën C1 and how you can save on your premiums.
All vehicles get assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) that helps determine how much it costs to insure a specific car. Citroën C1 models range from insurance groups 6 to 13, so your insurance will vary in price depending on the actual model you have.
For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average UK postcode may pay £672 for insurance for a Citroën C1 1.0 VTi Touch 3d, or up to £756 for a Citroën C1 1.2 PureTech Feel Edition Sunrise 5d.
You can find the insurance group of all Citroën C1 models, and how much you could pay, using the table below.
Citroën C1 insurance cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for the Citroën C1
Our research suggests you can keep your C1 insured for an average of £36.01 per month, or in a single payment each year of £378.18. This information was gathered by aggregating quotes from a range of well-known insurance companies, using the following criteria:
- The driver was identified as a thirty-year-old male teacher from Exeter, who requested comprehensive cover on their insurance document.
- The driver was the only person covered in the insurance policy.
- The vehicle was the only one owned by the driver.
- The vehicle was used for social, domestic, pleasure, and commuting purposes.
- The driver was in line with the national average of 10,000 miles every year.
- The vehicle was secured in a public car park during day and on a driveway during the night.
- The vehicle was unmodified.
- The driver maintained a five-year record with no claims and no convictions, motoring or otherwise.
Citroen C1 insurance cost by location
While the table above shows the average cost of insurance for various Citroen C1 models based on insurance group and the age of the driver, there are other things that affect the cost of your premium, including your job and marital status. Where you live also has big impact on your insurance rate.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Citroën C1 Furio VTi 68 3d.
- Expensive: £823 (London SE1)
- Average: £688 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £492 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Citroën C1 insurance rate?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Engine size can have a big impact on the cost of your insurance. For example, an average 30-year-old may pay £688 for the 1.0-litre Citroën C1 Airscape 1.0 VTi Flair 5d ETG, but could pay around £743 for the 1.2-litre Citroën C1 Airscape 1.2 VTi Flair 5d.
- Driver location. Insurance companies consider your address when calculating your insurance premium, so what you’ll pay for cover will vary based on where you live. For example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £865 for insurance for a Citroën C1 1.2 PureTech Feel 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £731.
- Driver age.. Driver age also plays a big role in determining the cost of your insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,454 for the Citroën C1 Elle VTi 72 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £762.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums. These include:
- Your driving history
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Annual miles driven
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Citroën C1 car insurance?
- Make sure the only modifications on your vehicle, if any, are to enhance safety and security. Insurers may lower your premiums if you’ve taken steps to make your vehicle more secure.
- Stay away from other modifications, particularly those that superficially enhance the car’s exterior or are for purposes of racing. You may be deemed a risker insurance investment by the insurers and your premiums will likely increase.
- You can save money on your premiums if you opt to pay your insurance in a single yearly payment rather than every month. In fact, our research indicates the switch would save you an average of £53.89 every year.
- Try your best to keep your C1 secure. If you have a garage that you use for storage, for instance, clear it out to park the car – and your premiums may come down as a result.
- How much do you drive compared to 10,000 miles a year, the national average? Drivers who regularly exceed the average may be penalised with increased insurance costs.
Facts about the Citroën C1
- The German Automobile Club place the Citroën C1 at the top of the range for small cars.
- In the UK, you can purchase a Citroën C1 for starting prices of approximately £8,500.
- While the Citroën C1 is not renowned for speed, more as a useful city car, its speed has been criticised by some reviewers. It can achieve 0-60mph in a poor time of 14.3mph.
How safe is the Citroën C1?
The Citroën C1 has been well-received in terms of safety measurements. The Euro NCAP crash procedure gave the C1 a near-perfect four-star rating, including an excellent 80% positive rating for adult and child occupant safety.
Aside from the standard safety features including multiple airbags, the C1 is also fitted with a speed assistance system, an electronic stability system, and an in-built seatbelt reminder. However, the C1 has come in for some criticism due to a lack of lane support systems, particularly as these features are increasingly available in other vehicles. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Kadjar insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Kadjar falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki Ignis insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Ignis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
BMW M3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the BMW M3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Skoda Karoq insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Karoq falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert