Intasure caravan insurance review
The broker Intasure covers static caravans in the UK or abroad. European cover's standard with touring policies. We've looked at what else you get.
Updated . What changed?
Intasure says it can cover both touring and static caravans based in the UK and could also insure your holiday home if it’s permanently fixed in one of five other countries in Europe. Here’s what else we think you should know about this insurance broker.
Who is Intasure?
Intasure is an insurance broker that can arrange a wide variety of personal and business insurance for caravans, cars, mobile homes, yachts, travel, landlords, tenants and pets.
It specialises in providing protection for holiday homes such as touring and static caravans, chalets and park homes.
It is part of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an underwriting and international brokering division operating across the globe, including in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and Asia, amongst other territories.
What types of caravan insurance are available?
- Touring caravan insurance. This is relevant for anyone towing a caravan on the road for leisure. This is not a legal requirement but worth considering to keep a caravan protected whilst being towed.
- Static caravan insurance. This type of insurance is best suited to a caravan that is permanently fixed in one place in the UK. Although this is not a legal requirement, most holiday parks will require a basic level of protection in the form of caravan liability insurance.
- Static caravan insurance abroad. This insurance will protect static homes that are permanently based in France, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
What is covered under my Intasure policy?
- European cover up to 180 days
- Liability cover up to £2.5 million
- Loss of use up to £250 per day
- Personal accident cover up to £20,000
- Emergency removal cover
- Furniture and awnings cover up to £500
- Sick driver cover up to £1,000
- Pet injury cover
Optional extras for touring caravan insurance
- Increased European cover up to 270 days/li>
- No-claims discount protection/li>
- Accidental damage cover
- Fire, smoke, explosion and earthquake cover
- Storm or flood cover
- Theft or attempted theft cover
- Cover for falling trees, telegraph poles or lamp posts
- Vandalism cover
- Cover for impact or damage caused by a vehicle or animal
- Unoccupied period cover
- New for old or market value cover
- Public liability cover up to £2.5 million
- Hot tub cover
- Key cover
- Emergency travel cover
- Alternative accommodation cover
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Optional extras for static caravan insurance
- Enhanced accidental damage cover
- Extended accidental damage cover for family and tenants
- Increased liability cover up to £5 million
Compare caravan insurance
Customer reviews for Intasure
Intasure has a positive rating of 4.66 on Reviews.io, based on well over 5,000 reviews, but on Trustpilot, there are complaints about exclusions and service when it comes to making a claim – but the total number of reviews is far lower at 13 (as at 16 June, 2020).
Intasure has some general exclusions that apply:
- When your caravan is being used for a purpose not included under your policy
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Depreciation of your caravan
- General wear and tear
- Manufacturing defects
- Rust, corrosion or any gradual deterioration
How to save on your caravan insurance policy with Intasure?
- Increase security. Fit security alarms and immobilisers to deter thieves. Fitting a security camera or tracking device may also be a good idea.
- Increase the excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
- Increase safety. Installing devices such as electronic anti-snaking devices, axle wheel locks to the caravan chassis or tyre pressure monitoring systems to caravan tyres, could result in additional discounts.
- Join a club. Savings could be made by becoming a member of a national or regional caravan owners’ club.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
A voluntary excess is normally an amount set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess, which could in turn reduce your premium.
Meanwhile, a compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age and standard of your caravan or your driving experience.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Intasure?
You can call the Intasure claims line on 0345 111 0672 to make a claim relating to your touring caravan. This is a 24-hour emergency claims line. Alternatively, you can email Intasure to make a claim at email@example.com.
If you intend to make a claim relating to your static caravan, you will need to call 01277 243 045.
It’s worth having your insurance policy details as well as all facts about any incident to hand.
It’s also important that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. A delay in reporting an incident or failure to report it could result in a rejected claim later on.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Static caravan insurance When it comes to your static caravan, it’s important that you’re covered for any damage or loss. Find out how to get cheap static caravan insurance.
E&L caravan insurance review Compare E&L caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. Caravan insurance offered by E&L can cater to owners of both touring and static caravans.
The Insurance Emporium caravan insurance review Compare The Insurance Emporium caravan insurance policies and see what's covered. The Insurance Emporium offers both touring and static caravan policies.
ASDA caravan insurance review Compare ASDA caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. ASDA is an insurance broker that offers static, touring and folding caravan insurance.
Adrian Flux caravan insurance review Compare Adrian Flux caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. Adrian Flux is a insurance provider offering static, touring and folding caravan insurance.
Caravan Guard caravan insurance review We review caravan insurance offered by Caravan Guard and highlight what's covered. This specialist offers both static and touring caravans insurance.
Leisuredays caravan insurance review Compare Leisuredays caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. Leisuredays is a insurance provider offering static caravan insurance.
Discount Insurance caravan insurance review Compare Discount Insurance caravan insurance policies and see what's covered. Discount Insurance offers cover for touring and static caravans that are up to 20 years old.
Frank Pickles caravan insurance review Compare Frank Pickles caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. Frank Pickles offers both static and touring caravan insurance.
Lifesure caravan insurance review Compare Lifesure caravan insurance policies and find out what's covered. Lifesure is a specialist insurance broker arranging caravan, motorhome, park home and property, car and home insurance.