We’ve analysed Adrian Flux caravan insurance. Every caravan policy comes with legal expenses cover, and you can select an agreed value option for a caravan more than five years old.
Whatever type of caravan you own, you’ll want to know you’ve got the right protection for your investment.
Adrian Flux’s touring caravan insurance comes with 120 days of EU cover as standard while static caravan insurance policyholders can take advantage of increased protection with hire and reward lettings cover. Here’s what else we think you should know.
Who is Adrian Flux?
Adrian Flux is an insurance broker with more than 40 years of experience in the industry. The company offers a wide variety of specialist caravan, car (including Flux Direct), motorbike (Bikesure), van and home insurance.
As well as arranging static, touring and folding caravan insurance, Adrian Flux can provide cover for almost any type of caravan, including classic caravans, imported caravans from American or Europe or “fifth-wheeler” caravans.
What types of caravan insurance are available?
- Static caravan insurance
- Touring caravan insurance
- Folding caravan and trailer tent insurance
- Fifth wheeler insurance
- Imported European caravan insurance
- Imported America caravan insurance
- Classic caravan insurance
- Park home insurance
What is covered under my Adrian Flux caravan policy?
Some of the features and benefits to the Adrian Flux caravan policy include:
- Legal expenses cover
- European cover up to 120 days (for touring caravans)
- Public liability cover up to £1 million
- Weather damage to awnings cover
Beyond the standard cover benefits above, any other benefits to your caravan insurance policy will vary depending on the insurer that is able to provide the cover through Adrian Flux.
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Adrian Flux offers the following extras that can be bolted onto a caravan policy:
- Breakdown cover
- Key cover
- Gadget cover
- Hire and reward lettings cover (for static caravans)
- Caravan and contents cover
- Agreed value caravan insurance (for caravans that are five or more years old)
- New for old cover (for newer caravans)
Compare caravan insurance
Adrian Flux has some general exclusions that apply:
- When your caravan is being used for a purpose not included under your policy
- General wear and tear
- Rust, corrosion rot or any gradual deterioration
- Mechanical faults
- Deliberate or criminal acts
- Any loss or damage that occurred before the policy start date
- Any loss or damage caused by pets
Check your policy for further details to confirm your cover is valid.
How to save on your caravan insurance policy with Adrian Flux
- Increase security. Fitting security alarms, immobilisers, tracking devices or cameras could be a good way to deter thieves.
- Increase the excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
- Increase safety. Installing devices such as electronic anti-snaking devices, axle wheel locks to the caravan chassis or tyre pressure monitoring systems to caravan tyres, could result in additional discounts.
- Join a club. You may get a discount by becoming a member of a camping, touring or caravanning club.
- Combine insurance. Obtaining both your car and caravan insurance from Adrian Flux could result in more discounts.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
A voluntary excess is normally an amount set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess, which could in turn reduce your premium.
Meanwhile, a compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age and standard of your caravan or your driving experience.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Adrian Flux?
If your claim relates to a static caravan, you will need to refer to your policy document. There, you will find the name of your insurance provider as well as the respective insurer’s contact details regarding all claims.
If your claim relates to a touring caravan, you can call the Adrian Flux claims line on 0344 381 4420. This 24-hour claims line is open seven days a week.
You’ll need to have your insurance policy details as well as all facts about any incident to hand.
It’s important that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. A delay in reporting an incident or failure to report it could result in a rejected claim later on.
Frequently asked questions
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.