Although new to the scene, QDOS have been providing quality service for the last 11 years, see if they have a package that suits you.
Cars are such an essential part of how we function in everyday life and so to have this taken away from you can be massively disruptive.
Having the right kind of breakdown insurance not only means that the cost of your vehicle will be recovered in an emergency, but also means that your active lifestyle can be maintained over this difficult period.
QDOS Breakdown Car Insurance
Who are QDOS Breakdown Insurance?
QDOS Rescue Services is a trading style of QDOS Insurance Services, who have been in the insurance industry since 2007. QDOS aim to provide quality service and products for their customers and they believe this sets them apart from other companies in the market.
What are QDOS Breakdown’s car insurance cover options?
QDOS Breakdown offers 2 types of cover; UK Cover and EU Cover.
The Key features of this include:
- One hour’s roadside assistance as standard/li>
- Vehicle or personal cover
- One call discount option
- Medical Transfer
- Message relay – notifying others of your delay
- Bed and breakfast cover
EU Breakdown Cover
Provides you with breakdown cover across the whole of the EU.
Features of this include:
- Multilingual claim handlers
- Cover 7 days before you travel
- Roadside assistance cover if you breakdown abroad.
- Repatriation of you and your car if your car cannot be repaired before the end of your trip
- Cover for the cost of emergency repairs and parts following break in.
- QDOS will pay any import duties if your vehicle is written off.
What’s covered under my policy?
Within the breakdown covers there are 4 policies with different levels of cover, these vary in price depending on the cover provided.
|Benefits||Roadside & Local Cover||Roadside, Local & Home||Roadside & National||Complete UK recovery|
|Recovery up to 10 miles||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Bed & Breakfast||✓||✓|
How do I make a claim?
If you have broken down in the UK and need to contact QDOS call 01444 442 007, if you’re in Europe add the UK extension instead of the 0 and call (+44) 1444 442 007.
QDOS Breakdown lines are open 24/7 and are answered by a UK call centre.
What is my excess?
An excess is the amount of money you contribute to the cost of your claim. The amount of your excess will depend on the level of cover you have and the nature of your claim. Details of your excess amounts will be displayed in your policy schedule.
Sometimes more than one excess will apply and in this case, QDOS Breakdown will add them together.
There are two types of excess and these are:
- Compulsory excess which is set by the insurer underwriting your policy. This is added to the voluntary excess you choose to give the total amount of excess you will pay if you make a claim.
- Voluntary excess which is in addition to any compulsory excess. You can set this as low as you want to reduce the amount you have to pay if you make a claim, or you can increase it which may reduce your premium.
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.