AXA is an international insurance firm that offers breakdown cover, among other products. In this guide, we look at the main benefits of AXA’s breakdown policy and the pros and cons of the cover.
What types of policies are on offer?
- AXA Local. If your vehicle breaks down more than a mile from your home, AXA experts will repair it at the roadside. If it can’t be repaired, you and up to six passengers will be transported to any destination within 20 miles.
- AXA Nationwide. All the benefits of AXA Local, but recovery is available to any address in the UK (however far it is from where you broke down). You’ll also be provided a hire vehicle or overnight accommodation if necessary.
- AXA Nationwide and Homestart. All the benefits of AXA Nationwide, plus you’ll also be covered within a mile of your home.
- AXA European. All the benefits of AXA Nationwide and Homestart, plus recovery across most of Europe.
If your car breaks down, AXA experts will come to repair it. If they can’t, you will be transported to your destination, or within 20 miles of it depending on the limits on your policy. With the two most expensive policies, you’ll be offered a hire vehicle or overnight accommodation if you need it.
All policies grant you cover for lost keys and misfuelling, plus your caravan or trailer. You can choose to add personal cover, which will protect you in any car you’re insured to drive.
If you need help, call 0800 197 1121 for assistance. Alternatively, use the free e-Rescue tool. Either way, you’ll need to provide details of your vehicle, where it is and what you think might be wrong with it.
Managing your policy online
To manage your policy online, click the “Log In” button at the top of the AXA website.
AXA has received over 4,000 reviews on Trustpilot. At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 4.1 out of 5.
Benefits of AXA breakdown insurance
- Four policies to choose from
- All policies cover you for misfuelling, lost keys, caravans and trailers
- Get help from a 24-hour helpline or the e-Rescue app
- Some customers on Trustpilot complain of premium hikes on renewal and administration fees
AXA offers an impressive level of protection with its breakdown cover policy. With four policies available to choose from, you can find the level of cover necessary for you.
Get started by visiting AXA’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that AXA breakdown cover is not for you, you can also compare other breakdown cover policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Interest inequality: Major UK banks lag behind global savings rates
Finder collaborated with the smart money app, Plum, to compare how easy access savings rates around the world compared with the local base rate.
How to buy OpenAI shares when it goes public
Everything we know about the OpenAI IPO, plus information on how to buy shares.
7 simple ways to boost your savings
Many households in the UK are struggling to save, so Finder’s experts have put together these tips to help you boost your savings.
Autumn Statement 2023: What it means for you
Finder’s experts explain the impact of the changes your finances.
How to open a business bank account in the UK
Discover how to open a business bank account in the UK, from the documents you’ll need to whether you’re eligible for a business bank account, we’ve got it covered.
Global savings: Comparing interest rates across countries
We looked at how global savings interest rates fared against the UK base rate in 10 countries around the world.
Your survival guide to the Black Friday sales 2023
Learn Finder’s 7 tips for how to play the sales and win. Plus, our video reveals the discounts we expect to see from top brands this year.
How to invest in mutual funds
Looking to diversify your investment portfolio? Mutual funds could be a good addition. Here’s how they work.
Financial stress and mental health statistics UK
7 in 10 Brits (70%) have experienced financial stress, so we look at the latest statistics to see the impact money has on our mental health.