Green Flag aims to offer affordable breakdown cover and says it will beat the RAC and The AA on price. There’s a wide range of policies available, plus a discount if you don’t request a call-out. Here’s what else you need to know.
What types of policies are on offer?
Here are the five policies, in order of affordability – cheapest first.
- Rescue. With this policy, you’re eligible for roadside repair. If the vehicle can’t be repaired, you’ll be towed to the nearest garage.
- Rescue Plus. You’ll get all the benefits of a Rescue policy, plus you’ll also be eligible for repair at your home.
- Recovery. You’ll get all the benefits of the Rescue policy, plus you’re eligible to be transported to any location in the UK.
- Recovery Plus. You’ll get everything in the Recovery policy, plus you’re eligible for a hire car, overnight accommodation or alternative transport if you need it.
- Euro Plus. You’ll get all the benefits of the policies above throughout the whole of Europe.
You can choose to cover one or two cars or choose to buy personal cover. With personal cover, you’ll be protected no matter what car you’re driving, provided it’s less than 16 years old.
If you like, you can add up to three members of your household onto a family cover policy. If you drive in Europe, you can purchase annual European cover or cover for a one-off trip to Europe.
If you break down, call 0800 400 600 or use the Green Flag app for assistance.
Green Flag has attracted more than 11,000 reviews on Trustpilot. In January 2021, its average rating was 4.4 out of 5. In our 2021 breakdown customer satisfaction survey, many customers highlighted the low price of its cover. “Half the price of AA and RAC,” said one respondent. “Affordable and well priced,” said another. Several commented on fast response times, but a few had encountered a long wait.
Pros and cons
- Five policies to choose from
- Cover available for drivers as well as cars
- You’ll get a “no call-out discount” when you renew your policy after a year without requesting a call-out
- Green Flag guarantees to beat the price of the RAC and The AA
- Green Flag has a smaller fleet of breakdown cover vans than some competitors.
- Green Flag has a longer average response time compared to some competitors.
Green Flag offers comprehensive breakdown cover policies, and it’s likely your Green Flag quote will be cheaper than many competitors’ deals. It’s definitely a provider worth considering.
Get started by visiting Green Flag’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that Green Flag breakdown cover is not for you, you can also compare other breakdown cover policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
GreenGrowth is a brand new ethical investment platform that creates a portfolio for you based on your carbon footprint. See what we thought.
Secured vs unsecured loans: Which is better?
Learn more about secured and unsecured loans to see what’s best for you.
Stock market charting
Learn about stock market charting and how it can be a useful to to predict a stocks future possibilities.
Technical analysis for trading
Find out everything you need to know about technical analysis to help you become a better trader.
Guide to shareholder voting rights
Investing in shares gives you the right to vote in important company decisions. Here are the key things you need to know about stock voting rights.
How to read annual reports
Find out what you need to know about annual reports, including how to read and understand them.
How much pension do I need to retire?
We explain how to work out the retirement income you’ll need, and what you can do if you haven’t saved enough.
The best way to take travel money on holiday
It may not be the most interesting part of planning your holiday, but taking time to think about how to take and spend money before you set off could be the difference between enjoying the trip of a lifetime and enduring the holiday from hell.
Virgin Money Slyce review 2022
Virgin Money is grabbing a “Slyce” of the buy now, pay later pie with its newest credit card product. Here’s what we know so far.
First Direct 1st Account review
Find out what the First Direct 1st Account offers to see if it’s right for you.