If you’re learning to drive, read our review of the car insurance from InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk to see if it has a deal that meets your needs.
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk is an insurance broker specialising in comprehensive car insurance for learner drivers. For customers practising in a parent’s car, InsureLearnerDriver offers cover from just 1 to 6 days or 7 to 140 days. For learner drivers using their own car, the broker can offer both short-term and annual policies. Here’s what else we think you should know.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes & save over £200*
- Compare up to 105 UK car insurance providers
- Get instant quotes and instant cover
- Switch with minimal effort
What is InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk?
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk is a broker that can source car insurance for learner drivers. In addition, it also offers a range of other insurance policies such as standard, impounded, commercial and fleet car insurance.
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk is a trading name of Sky Insurance Services Group Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What are InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk’s levels of cover?
All drivers in the UK are legally required to have at least third party cover, but this minimum level of cover as well as third party, fire and theft are not offered by InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk.
The insurance provider does offer one level of cover for learner drivers:
- Comprehensive. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to third party vehicles or property. This level will also cover your car for any fire damage or theft and cover your vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism.
What are InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk’s different policies?
- Standard car insurance
- Learner-driver car insurance
- Commercial car insurance
- Fleet car insurance
- Impounded car insurance
What is covered under my policy?
|Liability to other people and property||Yes|
|Fire and theft||Yes|
Check your policy details for a full list of cover benefits to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk offers the following additional protection that you can bolt onto your policy:
- Legal expenses cover
- Excess protection cover
What policy exclusions are there?
Any cover sourced by InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk is likely to become invalid if any of the following arises:
- The car is being driven by an unnamed driver on your policy or by a person that does not have a valid driving licence.
- You use the car at rallies, races or competitions.
- You are paid to carry passengers.
- You fail to pay for your premium.
- You change the car during the policy term to a car that the insurer cannot cover.
- You do not provide the correct documents to support your application.
Check your policy for further details to confirm your cover is valid.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is on top of this and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim, you need to call the 24-hour claims line on 0344 7058 183.
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk recommends that you have the following information to hand in order to make a claim:
- Your details and personal contact details
- Details about the incident
- Details about the damage to your car and whether it is driveable
- Details of all third parties and their passengers involved in the incident
- Details of all passengers in your car and any witnesses of the incident
- Crime reference number, if relevant
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
InsureLearnerDriver.co.uk pros and cons
- Specialist car insurance broker for learner drivers
- Optional extras to enhance insurance policies