Car insurance group 47
Find out the average insurance cost for a car in insurance group 47 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
What is insurance group 47?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), and this helps work out the cost of car insurance premiums.
Group 47 vehicles are therefore among the more expensive to insure.
The insurance group a particular model falls into depends on a variety of factors such as vehicle performance, safety features, cost of repairs and security features.
Car makes and models in insurance group 47
Below is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 47. These are among the most expensive cars to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|47||Audi A4 Avant||This compact luxury sports sedan has a large, beautiful interior and is powered by a 2-litre diesel engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|47||Audi Q8 SUV||The Audi Q8 is an athletic and tech-savvy 4-door SUV, powered by a 3-litre V6 engine. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|47||BMW X6||This classy, 4-door SUV can either be powered by a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine, or a 4.4-litre V8 that is capable of reaching a maximum speed of 210mph.|
|47||Lexus LS Saloon||The Lexus LS is a stylish, full-sized, 4-door saloon. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control and automatic high-beam headlights.|
|47||Lotus Evora||The Lotus Evora is a slick and sharp sports car that boasts a 3.5-litre V6 engine, capable of going from 0-60mph in just 3.9 seconds.|
|47||Mercedes Benz SLC-Class||The Mercedes Benz SLC is a classy 2-door convertible sports car that can be powered by either a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre V6 engine.|
|47||Porsche Panamera||The Porsche Panamera is a fast, 4-door sports car that has a turbocharged 3-litre V6 engine for a base engine.|
|47||Volkswagen Phaeton||The Volkswagen Phaeton is a 4-door saloon, equipped with a powerful 3-litre TDI engine.|
Cars in insurance group 47 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can search for the make and model of your car, and work out how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance, based on your age.
Why are cars in group 47 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 47 tend to have:
- A high market value
- Expensive to source parts
- Large powerful engines
- Long and expensive repairs
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Larger engines cost more to repair or replace, so you’ll pay more to insure powerful vehicles.
- Driver location. Insurers consider your location when assessing how much to charge you. If you live in an area where a lot of people make claims, you’ll pay more. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,280 for insurance for an Audi A7 40 TDI S Line Exclusive S Tronic 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,149.
- Driver age. Insurers will take your age into consideration when offering you a car insurance quote. Younger drivers will tend to pay more, because they are statistically more likely to make a claim. For example, the average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,226 for the Nissan 370Z 3.7 V6 GT (Sat Nav) 3d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,190.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history, including your no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group than group 47 is a great start.
Thankfully, there are a few other things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
We’ve listed some of them below:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive in your car.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you often end up with a cheaper deal, as you won’t have to pay interest on your monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the less you’ll pay to insure it.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options using price comparison websites.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Ask an Expert