Car insurance group 47
Find out the average insurance cost for a car in insurance group 47 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
What is insurance group 47?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), and this helps work out the cost of car insurance premiums.
Group 47 vehicles are therefore among the more expensive to insure.
The insurance group a particular model falls into depends on a variety of factors such as vehicle performance, safety features, cost of repairs and security features.
Car makes and models in insurance group 47
Below is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 47. These are among the most expensive cars to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|47||Audi A4 Avant||This compact luxury sports sedan has a large, beautiful interior and is powered by a 2-litre diesel engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|47||Audi Q8 SUV||The Audi Q8 is an athletic and tech-savvy 4-door SUV, powered by a 3-litre V6 engine. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|47||BMW X6||This classy, 4-door SUV can either be powered by a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine, or a 4.4-litre V8 that is capable of reaching a maximum speed of 210mph.|
|47||Lexus LS Saloon||The Lexus LS is a stylish, full-sized, 4-door saloon. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control and automatic high-beam headlights.|
|47||Lotus Evora||The Lotus Evora is a slick and sharp sports car that boasts a 3.5-litre V6 engine, capable of going from 0-60mph in just 3.9 seconds.|
|47||Mercedes Benz SLC-Class||The Mercedes Benz SLC is a classy 2-door convertible sports car that can be powered by either a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre V6 engine.|
|47||Porsche Panamera||The Porsche Panamera is a fast, 4-door sports car that has a turbocharged 3-litre V6 engine for a base engine.|
|47||Volkswagen Phaeton||The Volkswagen Phaeton is a 4-door saloon, equipped with a powerful 3-litre TDI engine.|
Cars in insurance group 47 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can search for the make and model of your car, and work out how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance, based on your age.
Why are cars in group 47 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 47 tend to have:
- A high market value
- Expensive to source parts
- Large powerful engines
- Long and expensive repairs
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Larger engines cost more to repair or replace, so you’ll pay more to insure powerful vehicles.
- Driver location. Insurers consider your location when assessing how much to charge you. If you live in an area where a lot of people make claims, you’ll pay more. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,280 for insurance for an Audi A7 40 TDI S Line Exclusive S Tronic 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,149.
- Driver age. Insurers will take your age into consideration when offering you a car insurance quote. Younger drivers will tend to pay more, because they are statistically more likely to make a claim. For example, the average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,226 for the Nissan 370Z 3.7 V6 GT (Sat Nav) 3d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,190.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history, including your no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group than group 47 is a great start.
Thankfully, there are a few other things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
We’ve listed some of them below:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive in your car.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you often end up with a cheaper deal, as you won’t have to pay interest on your monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the less you’ll pay to insure it.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options using price comparison websites.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert