Car insurance group 41
Find out the average insurance cost for a vehicle in insurance group 41 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
What is insurance group 41?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 ( the cheapest to insure) to 50 (the most expensive to insure). Insurance group 41 cars are therefore among the more expensive cars to insure.
The group a particular vehicle is assigned depends on a variety of factors, including market value, vehicle performance, safety features, cost of repairs and security features.
However, a number of other factors are taken into account by insurers, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 41
There are several well-known cars in insurance group 41. These will fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premium.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|41||Audi A4 Allroad||The Audi A4 is a classy and large family car powered by a 2-litre gas engine. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|41||Audi A7 Sportback||Winner of the 2019 World Luxury Car at the World Car Awards, this car features a breathtaking interior and can be equipped with either a powerful 2-litre 4-cylinder or a 3-litre V6.|
|41||Honda Civic Hatchback||This small family car is loaded with safety features, including a collision warning and auto city braking with pedestrian recognition and active lane keeping.|
|41||BMW 3 Series Saloon||A benchmark in its class, the BMW 3 Series offers a sharp handling experience and can be powered by either a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine.|
|41||Ford Mustang||The iconic Ford Mustang is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 that is capable of going from 0-60 in just 4.2 seconds.|
|41||Jaguar F-Pace||The Jaguar F-Type is equipped with a powerful engine capable of going from 0-100 mph in 3.7 seconds. It also scored a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|41||Kia Stinger Coupe||The Kia Stinger is a sharp, 4-door coupe that runs on a powerful V6 engine, capable of doing 0-62 mph in 5.1 seconds.|
|41||Porsche Macan||The Porsche Macan is a classy SUV that is powered by a twin-turbocharged 24-valve V6 engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
Cars in group 41 and the average cost of insurance by driver’s age
The table below will help you to estimate the cost of your car insurance, based on your chosen model and your age.
Why are cars in group 41 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 41 usually:
- Are expensive to buy
- Are expensive to source parts for
- Have large powerful engines
- Have longer repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more your insurance may cost. That’s because larger engines cost more to repair or replace.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident based on your location, and your premium will be altered to reflect this. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,232 for insurance for an Audi A7 45 TFSI 245PS S Tronic auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,041.
- Driver age. Your age will play a key role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. Insurers use previous claims data to predict the likelihood of someone your age making a claim. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,143 for the BMW Z4 35i sDrive 2d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,122.
On top of these, there are many other factors that can also impact the price of your premium.
These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security features and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- Your no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group can help you to save money on your car insurance, but there are lots of things you can do on top of that.
Here are some ideas:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but making a claim or having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Park your car on a driveway or in a garage. Insurers consider it to be safer for you to do this, and many will reduce your premium when you do.
- Don’t use your car so often. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive each year. Opting for public transport or walking when you can will help keep your annual mileage down, and your car insurance premium lower.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you won’t have interest to pay on your monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, make sure to compare your options. You’ll be surprised how much you could save by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota iQ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota iQ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Roadster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Roadster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Jaguar XE insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jaguar XE falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Honda Accord insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda Accord falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert