Car insurance group 38
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 38 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 38?
Insurance group 38 cars are among the more expensive vehicles to insure.
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), and this helps work out the cost of your car insurance premiums. The factors used to determine the group ratings include car safety, security features and the size and power of the engine.
However, there are also a number of other factors that insurers take into account, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 38
Below are some of the more popular cars in insurance group 38. These are likely to fall on the more expensive side, when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|38||Audi A4 Allroad||The Audi A4 is a classy and large family car powered by a 2-litre gas engine.|
|38||Jaguar E-Pace SUV||This handsome Jaguar E-Pace is a sharp and premium SUV that puts handling up to the next level. It was also crowned the Best Car of 2019 by readers of German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.|
|38||Land Rover Defender 110||The Land Rover Defender is a beautiful SUV that won the Most Anticipated Car Award at the 2020 What Car? Awards.|
|38||Mini Countryman SUV||This mini SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged 3-cylinder engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|38||Toyota GR Supra Coupe||This lightning-fast sports car can go from 0-60 mph in just 3.8 seconds. It can either be powered by a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine.|
|38||Mercedes CLA Coupe||This slick coupe is powered by a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|38||Volvo V90||This beautiful station wagon is powered by a 2-litre engine. It is packed with safety features and received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|38||Volkswagen Touareg SUV||This large SUV is equipped with a silent 3-litre V6 engine. It won the Top Passenger Vehicle award at the German Design Awards 2020.|
Cars in insurance group 38 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can estimate how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your chosen model and your age.
Why are cars in group 38 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 38 usually:
- Have a high market value
- Have large, powerful engines
- Are expensive to repair
- Have long repair times
In some cases, safety features and security features may be lacking, although this is rare in cars with a high market value in 2020 and beyond.
What other factors affect my car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. A larger engine costs more to repair or replace, which is why more powerful cars tend to cost more to insure.
- Driver location. Insurers use your location when calculating the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident. If a lot of people in your city are making a claim, that could count against you. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,168 for insurance for a BMW 2 Series M235i (Nav) 2d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £967.
- Driver age. Insurers will also use your age to help them calculate the likelihood of you making a claim. If a lot of people around your age are making a claim, your premium will rise. This counts against the youngest drivers in the UK, particularly. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,032 for the Mercedes Benz C Class C250d Sport Premium 2d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,064.
However, there are other factors that can impact the price of your premiums.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your no claims discount
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car with a lower insurance group is a great way to reduce the price of your premium.
Thankfully, there are more things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance, and we’ve listed them below:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive. Making a claim will send your next year’s premium rocketing too. So, be careful when you’re on the roads.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing your annual mileage. So, consider if there are any journeys you can take by public transport or walking.
- Pay annually. When you pay annually, you avoid having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be. So, it’s worth looking at what safety features you can add to your vehicle.
- Compare your options. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you shop around. You’ll be surprised at how much you could save by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 42
Find out what cars are available in insurance group 42 and how much it costs to insure them.