Car insurance group 34
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 34 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 34?
With insurance groups ranging from 1-50, vehicles in group 34 are among the more expensive ones to insure. Vehicles in this group usually have higher market values, more powerful engines and higher repair prices. In some cases, they may be found lacking when it comes to safety and security features.
Car makes and models in insurance group 34
Here are some examples of popular cars in insurance group 34. These are likely to cost more than average to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|34||Audi TT||The Audi TT boasts a retro design with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder single turbo motor.|
|34||BMW 5 Series GT||A slick and agile hatchback powered by a turbocharged 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|34||Honda Civic Type-R||This is a sharp hot hatch powered by a 306-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a six-speed manual transmission. It also earned the “Best Hot Hatch” award at the What Car? Awards 2020.|
|34||Jaguar E-Pace SUV||This sharp and premium SUV was crowned the “Best Car of 2019” by readers of German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.|
|34||Mitsubishi Shogun||This large family SUV is a great workhorse vehicle, powered by a 3.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine.|
|34||Subaru Forester||This compact SUV crossover is powered by a 2.5-litre H-4 engine. It has strong off-road capabilities and received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|34||Volvo V60||This station wagon is powered by a 250-hp turbocharged four-cylinder, capable of going from 0-60 in just 4.4 seconds.|
|34||Volkswagen Golf R||A well-rounded, 4×4-drive hot hatch powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre engine.|
Cars in insurance group 34 and the average cost by driver’s age
This table will help you calculate how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your choice of vehicle and your age.
Why are cars in group 34 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 34 usually cost more to insure for the following reasons.
- Expensive to source parts and make repairs
- Market value is on the higher side
- Larger engine size
- Longer repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. This is because larger engines cost more to replace or repair. On top of that, cars with more powerful engines may be seen as more likely to get involved in accidents.
- Driver location. Your location is considered when insurers calculate your likelihood of making a claim. If you live in an area where a lot of claims are made, your premium will rise. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,074 for insurance for a BMW 4 Series 428i Modern 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £902.
- Driver age. Your age plays a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. Insurers will factor in the likelihood of someone your age making a claim, based on previous claims data. This is why younger drivers tend to face high premiums. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,867 for the Ford Edge Vignale 2.0 TDCi 210PS AWD PowerShift auto 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £978.
Here are some more factors that can also impact the price of your premiums.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- No claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group is an intelligent way to reduce the price of your premium, but that’s not always a practical solution.
Thankfully, there are more things you can do to lower the cost of your car insurance:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Use telematics. A telematics box will track your driving activity and give the insurer proof that you are a safe driver.
- Use your car less. Your premium could drop if your annual mileage drops. That’s because those who use their car less are seen as less of a risk of getting into an accident.
- Pay annually. When you pay annually, you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around. Don’t blindly accept your insurer’s renewal quote. Instead, use price comparison websites to search for the cheapest deal. You’ll be surprised at how much you could save by switching insurers each year.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Ask an Expert