Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them.
With insurance groups ranging from 1-50, vehicles in group 31 tend to cost a bit more than average to insure.
The cars in this group score OK in factors used to determine the group ratings, such as having good car safety and security features and low repair costs.
We’ll be exploring these factors in greater detail throughout this guide. We’ll also look at the personal factors that insurers take into account when calculating your premium, including your age, location and driving history.
Car makes and models in insurance group 31
Here is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 31. As mentioned, they are likely to cost a bit more than average to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|31||Abarth 595||The Abarth 595 won the “Best City Car” car category in the Best Cars Awards 2019 competition. This small super car is surprisingly fast, courtesy of its 1.4-litre turbo engine.|
|31||BMW X4 series||The BMW X4 is an insanely fast SUV that sports a powerful turbocharged 3-litre inline-6 engine, capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds.|
|31||Citroen C5||This luxury saloon is packed with security and safety features, but it has a high market value compared to other vehicles in its class.|
|31||Jaguar E-Pace||This small sport utility vehicle is one of the more sophisticated vehicles in its class. You can expect a smooth ride both on and off the road.|
|31||Mazda MX-5||The MX-5 was rated as the most reliable sports car in the 2019 WhatCar? Reliability Survey. Its upfront cost is also affordable compared to rival vehicles.|
|31||Mercedes CLA-Class||The Mercedes CLA is a slick coupe that is powered by a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|31||Mitsubishi Outlander||The Outlander is a large SUV with four wheel drive and was awarded five stars by Euro NCAP. It comes with several safety features including seven airbags and stability control.|
|31||Toyota Land Cruiser||The Toyota Land Cruiser is a large family SUV that is powered by a 5.7-litre V-8 engine, paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and is capable off-road.|
Cars in insurance group 31 and the average cost by driver’s age
The table below will help you to work out how much it’ll cost to insure your car based on your age.
Why are cars in group 31 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 31 usually score a tiny bit below average for the following factors. That’s why they cost slightly higher than average to insure.
- Low market value
- Low repair costs
- Small engine
- Good security features
- Good safety features
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Larger engines cost more to repair or replace. As such, the bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident based on your location. If you live in an area where a lot of claims are made, you’ll pay more. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,050 for insurance for a Audi A3 2.0 TFSI 190PS 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £903.
- Driver age. Your age plays a big role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. This is because insurers will calculate the likelihood of someone your age making a claim, based on previous claims data. Younger drivers face higher premium costs for this reason. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,826 for the BMW X1 xDrive25d SE auto 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £956.
Here are some other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums.
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating,
- Your car’s security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- The likelihood of your car model being targeted by thieves
- Your driving history, including your no-claims discount.
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a low car insurance group will help to reduce the price of your premium.
However, there are plenty of things you can do to reduce the cost of insuring a car in insurance group 31.
Here are some ideas:
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious, but insurers offer lower premiums to safe drivers. Having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car as much. You could save money on your insurance by reducing your annual mileage. So, think about which journeys you could make by walking or by taking public transport.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you’ll avoid interest charges on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around for the best deal. The best car insurance deals tend to be offered to new customers, so don’t blindly accept your existing insurer’s renewal quote. Use price comparison sites to find out if another insurer will offer you a lower price.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 42
Find out what cars are available in insurance group 42 and how much it costs to insure them.