- $0 stock, option and ETF trading
- Free robo-advisor and CFP planning sessions
- Get up to $1,000 in stock when you fund a new account within 30 days
Top reddit stocks to buy for November 2023 (updated daily)
Here are some of the most mentioned stocks on Reddit in the past 24 hours.
Our top picks for where to buy reddit stocks
- Close stock and ETF options trades for $0
- Trading courses to learn options trading
- Get $100-$5,000 when you open and fund an account with $5,000 to $1,000,000+
- $0 stock, option and ETF trades
- Innovative social trading features
- FINDER EXCLUSIVE: Get a $25 bonus when you sign up and deposit $100
Paid non-client promotion. Finder does not invest money with providers on this page. If a brand is a referral partner, we're paid when you click or tap through to, open an account with or provide your contact information to the provider. Partnerships are not a recommendation for you to invest with any one company. Learn more about how we make money.
Finder is not an adviser or brokerage service. Information on this page is for educational purposes only and not a recommendation to invest with any one company, trade specific stocks or fund specific investments. All editorial opinions are our own.
The top trending Reddit stocks
Posts on the social media platform have shown their ability to move stocks. Here’s what Redditors are talking about now. This list is updated daily and is sorted by the number of mentions on the platform.
How to buy trending stocks on Reddit
- Choose an online stock trading platform. Choose from our Top Picks above, use our comparison table or jump straight to the best stock trading apps of 2023.
- Sign up for an account. Provide your personal information and sign up.
- Set up a funding method to pay for the transaction. Deposit funds into your account by linking your banking information.
- Choose the stocks you want to buy. Search for the stock by name or ticker symbol.
- Place your order. Buy the stock. It’s that simple.
How to find Reddit stocks to buy
We’ve compiled some of the trending Reddit stocks above to give you some inspiration, but if you’d like to take a look at Reddit yourself, here’s how you can find trending stocks on Reddit:
- Go to investing subreddits. Some examples are r/WallStreetBets, r/Stocks, r/Investing and r/PennyStocks. If you’re looking for specific categories, like dividend stocks, you can search for other subreddits.
- Sort the posts. You can do this with the “hot”, “new” and “top” buttons above the posts and choose a time period to sort by.
- Read the discussions. You can find out what people are talking about and read their research to find out why the stock is trending.
- Do your own research. Before you dive in and invest, look into the stock yourself and weigh up the risks involved.
What Matt thinks about using Reddit to identify stock picks
Social investing is growing in popularity, and platforms like Reddit can be a valuable resource to get market news and discuss trade ideas. But trending Reddit stocks shouldn't be the be-all and end-all of your investing strategy. You're still wholly responsible for vetting each company and stock before buying in.
— Matt Miczulski, Editor, Investments.
Why does Reddit have any impact on the stock market?
At the start of 2021, Reddit cemented itself as a key trading indicator for many seasoned and institutional investors around the world. This was because GameStop, a US-based video game retailer, spiked over 700% during a frenzied few days at the end of January.
GameStop skyrocketed around 8,000% over six months. The stock became a piece in a rather complicated financial power struggle between a major hedge fund, Melvin Capital, and a group of internet investors who congregated on Reddit. GameStop became the subject of what’s known as ‘short selling’, a process in which professional investors borrow shares of stock to sell them and then buy them back at a later date, allowing them to make a profit if the stock price goes down. In simple terms, short-selling is a bet that the company will fail, with infinite loss potential.
Long story short, Reddit investors found an opportunity to make some money by aggressively buying GameStop shares, which resulted in an internet pile on, with everyone from Elon Musk to Wolf of Wall Street’s Jordan Belfort wading into the debate and hype. A boom of coverage of the now infamous subreddit r/WallStreetBets made sure the frenzy continued through January of that year.
Does Reddit matter to ordinary investors?
The GameStop scenario tells us that, yes, it does. For example during the frenzy, some brokerages suspended trading of certain stocks, and the frenzy even caused outages of entire apps. This was due to the intense strain put on the infrastructure of brokerages and trading apps, many of which received unprecedented volumes of trades and new sign ups.
The GameStop affair has also caused a lasting shift in the analysis conducted by institutions. The internet has empowered retail investors, the combined force of which now matches institutions when it comes to buying power and volume. This changed the dynamics of investing somewhat – you’d think in favor of the little guy – though it remains to be seen if retail investor success has eaten into the profits of the big guns on Wall Street.
Reddit stocks list
Reddit has provided some of the most dramatic investing stories since the start of 2020, the most famous of those being the GameStop frenzy. Some of the most commonly talked about stocks include GameStop, AMC Entertainment, Tesla and BlackBerry. Reddit is also planning an IPO, and there are rumors that the next Reddit stock may be Reddit itself — though it’s too early to say for sure.
Is Reddit a reliable place to research stocks?
The internet has been used for talking about stocks and investments since its inception. Reddit is just the latest evolution of that. There are some advantages to researching stocks on Reddit, as well as some things you should watch out for.
- Anonymized forums can provide protection and create an unbiased environment which allows fruitful discussions to thrive. For example, it’s not unheard of for genuine employees at companies to participate and share genuine insight which can help readers achieve higher gains.
- Reddit’s used globally. You can get access to insight no matter what time it is, whether you’re an early bird, up at the brink of dawn, or a night owl that prefers late night stock searching.
- The voting system helps you filter discussions. This is great for filtering out some of the nonsense and getting straight to the good stuff.
Things to watch out for:
- It can be difficult to verify the authority of posters. This means that you don’t really ever know the credibility of anyone in these forums, and should use insight from several sources when researching.
- There’s a tendency for groupthink. This means that you don’t get a balanced discussion.
- Some of these stocks can be risky. Sometimes pink sheet stocks are mentioned, which are not listed on major exchanges and carry added risk. Stocks can become riskier once they’ve taken off a bit, as they can become very volatile.
Compare more trading platforms to buy reddit stocks
Once you know which Reddit stocks to buy you’ll need an account with a trading platform. Compare platforms below to find the best one for you.
Frequently asked questions about stocks on Reddit
More guides on Finder
How to buy Discord stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Discord IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Floor-and-Decor stock
Steps to owning and managing FND, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Southwest Gas stock
Steps to owning and managing SWX, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Chime stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Chime IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Key Energy Services stock
Steps to owning and managing KEG, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy McDermott International stock
Steps to owning and managing MDR, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Gen Digital stock
Steps to owning and managing GEN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Grail (GRAL) stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Grail IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Harley-Davidson stock
Steps to owning and managing HOG, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to invest in Energy Transfer
Steps to owning and managing ET, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Ask an Expert