Peugeot 308 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Peugeot 308 based on the specific version, the driver's age and their location.
The Peugeot 308 is a small family car, which is renowned for its low running costs. In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about insuring this vehicle.
What insurance group does the Peugeot 308 fall under?
Peugeot 308 car models fall within car insurance groups 9-36, which means the cost of your premium should fall somewhere in the middle in comparison to other makes and models.
However, the costs may vary slightly between different Peugeot 308 insurance groups due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £711 for cover on a Peugeot 308 1.2 VTi Access 5d (insurance group 9), or around for a Peugeot 308 GTi 1.6 PureTech 260 S&S 5d that is in insurance group 36. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Peugeot 308 model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Peugeot 308 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Peugeot 308 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are many other factors that can affect the cost of insuring your vehicle. Your location is one of the biggest.
To demonstrate this fact, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Peugeot 308 1.6 THP Access 5d.
- Expensive: £948 (London SE1)
- Average: £791 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £578 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Peugeot 308 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are many other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more it will cost to insure a vehicle. For example, a smaller will cost £846 for insurance on a Peugeot 308 1.2 VTi Access 5d, while a bigger engine will set you back £948 for a Peugeot 308 1.6 THP Active 5d, a 0.4-litre bigger engine.
- Driver location. Your address helps to determine your perceived level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident. This impacts the cost of your insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £895 for insurance for a Peugeot 308 1.2 e-THP Allure 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £756.
- Driver age. The youngest and oldest drivers represent the biggest risks to insurers. That’s why these age groups pay more. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,716 for the Peugeot 308 2.0 BlueHDi Active 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £899.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- your marital status;
- your credit history;
- your occupation;
- your vehicle’s safety rating score;
- the model of your vehicle;
- the age of your vehicle;
- your vehicle’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions;
- annual miles driven;
- your driving history and activity;
- no claims discount.
How can I save on my Peugeot 308 premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it breaking the bank. You’ll want to find a premium that’s within your budget. Here are some tricks to lower the cost of your premium. We’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). By reducing your annual mileage, you’ll usually be offered a lower car insurance premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you can afford to release a large sum of money at all once, you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. Most insurers will offer a lower premium to reflect this.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Make sure you shop around when it’s time for renewal. Don’t just settle for the renewal quote offered to you – there is likely to be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert