Kia Sedona insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Kia Sedona based on your age and location.
The Kia Sedona (also known as the Kia Carnival) is a 7-seater family car. It falls under the minivan category, which gives away the fact that it’s an extremely spacious car. It may not be as stylish as some of its counterparts, but beauty is only skin deep anyway. More importantly, where does it land on the insurance price scale?
What insurance group does the Kia Sedona fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Kia Sedona models range from insurance group 26 to 33, meaning they’re average when it comes to insurance costs. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £882 for cover on a Kia Sedona 2.7 V6 GS 5d that is in insurance group 26 or around £899 for a Kia Sedona 2.2 CRDi 3 5d that is in insurance group 33. This clearly shows the impact on premium pricing that occurs when a car is in a much higher insurance group.
Kia Sedona insurance cost by location
Among the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest is your location.
To show the impact of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi LS 5d.
- Expensive: £1,050 (London SE1)
- Average: £903 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £704 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Kia Sedona insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are many other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £1,010 for insurance for a Kia Sedona 2.7 V6 GS 5d, while you may pay £1,062 for a Kia Sedona 2.2 CRDi 3 5d. So, that’s an extra £15 per year you’ll pay for the Long Range engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,050 for insurance for a Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi TS 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £903. That’s an extra £83 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay in London compared to Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,819 for the Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi GS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £953. That’s £866 more per year that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety rating features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claim discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Kia Sedona premium?
Car insurance can be expensive, but you don’t need to let it break the bank. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can occasionally walk or use public transport, rather than using your car, this can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes you car safer and reduces the risk of you making a claim on your premium. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a competitor each year.
Facts about the Kia Sedona
– Parents Magazine named it the Best Family Car 2020.
– It was listed as a finalist in the Best Minivan for the Money award by U.S. News.
– The second generation Sedona was the second-highest selling MPV in the UK.
Depending on the exact model you go for, the Kia Sedona can be quite middle of the road when it comes to car insurance. Among the factors that can influence your premium are driving history, mileage, credit history and job title. So long as you put in the time and effort to shop around for the best deal, you could save money on your car insurance premium.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG TF insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG TF falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert