Intasure home insurance review

We've checked the cover options of Intasure's home insurance to help you decide if you'll get a good deal.



Intasure’s specialist home insurance is available as standalone buildings cover, contents cover or a combination of the two. Accidental damage comes as standard with a home insurance policy but it can be tailored to suit your needs with a wide range of optional extras that include legal expenses, key cover and bicycle cover. Here’s what else we think you should know about Intasure.

Compare home insurance

  • Search up to 50 UK home insurance providers
  • Get multiple quotes for free
  • Find the best cover for your home

Who is Intasure?

Intasure has more than 15 years of experience offering home insurance in the UK and abroad. It also offers a wide range of specialist cover for both personal and business purposes including holiday home, landlord, Airbnb host, yacht, static and touring caravans, and hotel insurance amongst others.

Insurance provider Intasure is a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

What are Intasure’s cover options?

Intasure’s home insurance is available in the following options:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Combined buildings and contents insurance

What is covered under my policy?

Intasure’s home insurance policies offer cover and protection for your home against certain risks. These include:

  • Fire
  • Storm
  • Explosion
  • Lightning
  • Earthquake
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Falling trees or branches, telegraph poles or lampposts
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious acts

Intasure’s home insurance policies also include some extras as standard. Check out some of these additional extras below. For a full list, check out the Intasure policy booklets.

  • Accidental damage cover
  • Buildings sum insured up to £1 million
  • Home emergency cover
  • Public liability up to £2 million
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Trace and access up to £2,500
  • Student belongings up to £2,500
  • Bicycle cover up to £500 within the home

Optional extras

Intasure offers a range of additional protection to bolt onto your specific home insurance policy, including:

  • Enhanced accidental damage cover.
  • Theft and accidental damage to bicycles anywhere in the UK.
  • Valuables or personal possessions cover away from home.
  • Legal expenses up to £60,000.
  • Key cover for lost or stolen keys.

What is my excess?

Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.

You’ll find details about any excesses in your policy document.

How much is this going to cost me?

There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Intasure home insurance premium, including:

  • The cover option you choose. Enhancing your buildings, contents and combined cover policies with optional extras will provide more features and broader cover than Intasure’s standard cover options, which will likely be reflected in the price.
  • Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your home or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
  • Your home. The age of your home and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
  • Where your home is located. Certain risks, for example storm or theft, are more prevalent in certain areas and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premium.
  • Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.

What is the claims process for Intasure?

You should call the 24-hour Intasure claims line on 0345 111 0672.

Alternatively, you can make a claim by completing the online claim form on the Intasure website portal.

Intasure recommends you have the following information to hand beforehand:

  • Your policy details and personal contact details.
  • The date of the incident.
  • Police details or a crime reference number, if applicable.
  • The cause of the loss or damage.
  • Details and the date of the loss or damage.
  • The value of items in question.
  • Names and addresses of any other parties involved or responsible.
  • Details of any injuries sustained or witnesses.

You may also need to provide the following additional information:

  • Original purchase receipts, invoices, manual booklets or photographs, bank statements, utility bills, plans or deeds of your property.
  • Purchase dates and location of lost or damaged property.
  • Confirmation from a suitably qualified expert that the damaged property you intend to claim back for is beyond repair.

It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.

Intasure pros and cons


  • Intasure’s home insurance policies can be enhanced with extra protection.
  • No additional cancellation fee to terminate a policy.
  • 24/7 claims line available.


  • Intasure only offers one level of home insurance cover.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products we can track; we don't cover every product on the market...yet. Unless we've indicated otherwise, products are shown in no particular order or ranking. The terms "best", "top", "cheap" (and variations), aren't product ratings, although we always explain what's great about a product when we highlight it; this is subject to our terms of use. When making a big financial decision, it's wise to consider getting independent financial advice, and always consider your own financial circumstances when comparing products so you get what's right for you.

Read more on this topic

Go to site