Axa home insurance review
We've looked at the home insurance offered by Axa, which can tailor policies to suit individual needs.
There are three different levels to Axa’s home insurance, which suits a range of requirements and budgets. These are also flexible and can be tailored to suit individual requirements with optional extras such as accidental damage, legal expenses and home assistance cover. What’s more, Axa’s building insurance and contents insurance can be bought separately.
Here’s what else we think you should know about Axa home insurance.
Who is Axa?
AXA offers a range of personal and business financial products, including home, car, travel, van and car insurance.
AXA has been in operation in one form or another for almost 300 years, but after several acquisitions, mergers and name changes, AXA itself was formed in 1985. AXA Group operates in 64 countries and is one of the largest insurance companies in the world.
What are Axa’s cover options?
Axa offers three home cover levels to suit individual needs. These include:
- HomeSmart. Axa’s lowest level of home insurance
- HomeSure. Axa’s mid-level home insurance
- HomeSafe. Axa’s highest level of home insurance
Axa’s building and contents policies can be bought separately or combined.
What is covered under my policy?
Check out some of the features of Axa’s three home insurance options below.
|Buildings Sum Insured|
|Max buildings sum insured||£500,000||£1 million||Unlimited|
|Maximum contents sum insured||£75,000||£85,000||£100,000|
|Emergency cash advance||✓||✓||✓|
For a full list of benefits, check out Axa’s home insurance policy document.
Axa offers increased protection that can be added to a home insurance policy, including:
- Accidental damage cover
- Home assistance cover
- Personal possessions cover
- Legal expenses cover
- Student cover
- Bicycle cover
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
You’ll find details about your excess in your Axa home insurance policy document.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Axa home insurance premium, including:
- The cover option you choose. The upgraded buildings, contents and combined cover policies offer more features and broader cover than Axa’s primary cover options, which will likely be reflected in the price.
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your home or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- Your home. The age of your home and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Where your home is located. Certain risks, for example, storm and theft, are more prevalent in certain areas, and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premiums.
- Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.
What is the claims process for Axa?
You should call the Axa 24/7 claims line on 0330 024 8086. Alternatively, you can make a claim online via the Axa website.
Axa recommends that you have the following information to hand before making a claim on your home insurance:
- Your policy details and personal contact details.
- Details about what has happened.
- Details about the insured property such as its age or whether it is listed or not.
- Details about the property’s structure and information about relevant rooms such as conservatories or porches or the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Axa pros and cons
- Axa’s different cover options suit different requirements and budgets.
- Axa’s home insurance policies can be enhanced with extra protection.
- Claims can be made via 24/7 claims line or online.
Read more on this topic
Aviva landlord insurance review Aviva landlord insurance is designed to protect your property inside and out. See how it measures up in our review.
buzzvault home insurance review Insurtech buzzvault aims to save customers money on their home insurance by using a video survey and a digital "vault" of their possessions.
Student contents insurance If you study away from home, read our guide to find out whether you need student contents insurance.
Simplesurance discount codes You can save money on electronics insurance with these Simplesurance discount codes.
Premierline landlord insurance review Whether you're a residential or commercial landlord, Premierline offers landlord insurance to cover a range of buildings and situations.
Will home insurance cover foundation damage? Find out whether your home insurance covers damage to your property's foundations and compare quotes too.
Insuring your first home Find out everything you need to know about home insurance as a first-time homeowner and compare quotes too.
Cancelling home insurance Our guide walks you through cancelling your home insurance. Find out whether it's worth it and compare quotes here too.
How much is home insurance? Find out what you should be paying in home insurance, why your costs might be high and get tips on lowering costs.
Barclays home insurance review Looking for home insurance? Review and compare Barclays home insurance policies and find the right cover for you.