For your international money transfer needs, Halo can provide competitive rates and high-quality customer service, treating you as an individual.
London-based Halo Financial started trading in February 2005, with a vision to provide a higher standard of service to those seeking to transfer money abroad.
Halo Financial prides itself on hiring and training its people to be experts in the foreign exchange industry. When you open an account, Halo will assign you a Foreign Exchange Consultant, who will (for free) discuss with you your needs and suggest the solution they think is most fitting. Read our review of their services below.
|Product Name||Halo Financial International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 5,000|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BBD, BHD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, JPY, KES, KWD, MUR, MXN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PHP, PLN, RUB, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
Send money with Azimo
Halo Financial exchange rates
As specialists in foreign exchange, Halo Financial have the resources to buy and sell currency close to the mid-market rate, allowing you access to cheaper rates too.
Your designated Foreign Exchange Consultant will use their expertise to advise you on the best time to complete your transaction, when the ever-changing exchange rates fluctuate in your favour. This too can provide you with a more affordable rate.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Halo Financial?
Halo financial charge no transaction fees.
A fee will arise if you want to transfer an amount under their minimum of £5000. For quotes on transfers below this, visit their website by clicking the green “go to site” button above.
- Receive expert advice. Halo Financial will assign you a consultant to discuss your needs with, free of charge.
- Various contract options. Spot contacts, regular payments and forward contracts are all available.
- Cheaper than banks. Halo Financial offers exchange rates that are generally cheaper than those offered by banks.
- Account needed. You need to open an account even for just a one-time transfer.
Transfer limits and available currencies
There is no maximum transfer size when transferring with Halo Financial. There is a lower limit of £5000, below which there may be additional costs.
What types of transfer can you carry out with Halo Financial?
- Spot contracts. Make a one-time transfer at the current exchange rate offered.
- Forward contracts. If you need to make a payment at a future date, you can protect yourself from unfavourable changes in the exchange rate by entering into a forward contract. You and Halo Financial will agree to make the transfer at a specified date, at a predetermined price.
- Regular payments. Making regular transfers abroad can get confusing, as the currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly. Halo Financial can arrange a series of fixed-price transfers to alleviate this worry.
- Automated orders. This gives you a way of taking advantage of changes in the exchange rates, while still having regular payments taken care of for you. Provide Halo Financial with limits, and they will put the transfer through when the exchange rates meet your criteria.
The registration and transfer process
The process for transferring money with Halo Financial can be broken down into five steps:
- Create an account. Registering with Halo Financial is free and can be done by phone, post or online.
- Talk to a Foreign Exchange Consultant. You’ll be assigned a consultant with whom to discuss your needs.
- Receive the quote. Your consultant will quote you an exchange rate, which you can accept or reject.
- Pay. You can send your money either electronically or by cheque.
- Wait for confirmation. Once you’ve completed the steps above, Halo Financial will send the agreed amount to your recipient’s account, and email you to confirm it’s been done.