Review: Funcik international money transfers
Funcik offers fast and competitively priced transfers from the UK to Poland with straightforward registration.
- Good for sending money quickly and cheaply to Poland
- Not so good if you do not speak Polish
What's in this guide?
- Funcik exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with Funcik?
- How long does a transfer with Funcik take?
- What payment methods does Funcik accept?
- Is Funcik safe to use?
- How to register an account
- How do I make an international money transfer with Funcik?
- What is Funcik?
- In a nutshell
- How does Funcik compare to other services?
- Frequently asked questions
Funcik exchange rates and fees
Funcik charges transfer fees of 1.99% of the amount sent. Priority transfers, which let you send money to Poland in 10 minutes, cost an extra £5. It also adds a margin to the mid-market exchange rate.
Funcik exclusively sends money between the UK and Poland.
What types of transfers can you make with Funcik?
Funcik lets you transfer money to zloty bank accounts in Poland.
How long does a transfer with Funcik take?
You can choose either a standard or priority transfer to Poland. Standard transfers will arrive in the recipient’s bank account on the next working day. Funcik claims priority transfers will take just 10 minutes.
What payment methods does Funcik accept?
You can pay for the transfer using Visa Debit, Electron, Maestro or Debit Mastercard. The daily online transaction limit is £10,000.
Transfers typically take
Is Funcik safe to use?
- Regulation: Regulated by the FCA
- Security: Encryption, Verified by Visa (3D Secure)
- Established: 2013
How does Funcik make money?
Funcik makes money by charging transfer fees and adding a small margin to the interbank exchange rate, which is why the exchange rate you might see on Google is slightly different from the one Funcik is quoting.
How to register an account
How do I make an international money transfer with Funcik?
- Log in to your account.
- Choose the type of transfer and the amount you want to send to Poland.
- Enter the recipient’s bank details.
- Pay for the transfer using Visa Debit, Electron, Maestro or Debit Mastercard.
What is Funcik?
Funcik was created for Polish people living and working in Great Britain who need to pay bills in Poland or want to send money to friends and family back home. It’s based in London.
In a nutshell
- Transparent fees. Funcik charges set fees that depend on the transfer you choose.
- Fast transfers. Send money to Poland in 10 minutes or by the next working day.
- No documents required. Most people just need to register and they can automatically send money.
- Good customer service. The support team is available every day of the week.
- No cash pick-up. You can only make a bank transfer.
- Poland/UK only. It’s only for sending money between the two countries and nowhere else.
- No branches. You can’t get face-to-face support.
- Polish-only website. Google Translate works well, but it might be a good idea to get a Polish speaker to check the terms, conditions and finer details for you.
- Limited independent verification. At the time of writing (11 February 2020), Funcik wasn’t registered on Trustpilot, and it’s also hard to find additional information about its security.
How does Funcik compare to other services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to set up a holding company
Discover what a holding company is, how to set one up and whether it’s worth doing.
Limited company loans
See how to get a business loan as a limited company in the UK, and how much you can borrow.
Sole trader loans
Find out how to get a loan if you work for yourself, including which lenders offer business loans for sole traders.
Marriott discount codes and promos May 2021
Save on your next Marriott hotel reservation with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
lampandlight.co.uk discount codes and promos May 2021
See if you can get your next lampandlight.co.uk order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
List of countries using Western Union money transfers
Which countries does Western Union let you send money to? See the list of 200+ countries with Western Union money transfers.
Interactive Brokers review
Find out what we thought of Interactive Brokers, some key features, information about its platforms and how much Interactive Brokers costs.
ManoMano discount codes and promos May 2021
See if you can get your next ManoMano order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
shopDisney discount codes and promos May 2021
See if you can get your next shopDisney order for less with our hand-tested vouchers and promo codes.
Women in investing
Find out how many women in the UK invest and how many manage investment funds.
Ask an Expert