Frontierpay review: Is it the right transfer solution for you?
We take a closer look at one of the most positively reviewed money transfer companies in the UK.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Frontierpay International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 2,500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BBD, BGN, BHD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, GHS, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KWD, MXN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PHP, PLN, QAR, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, UGX, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- Uses major global banks and segregated accounts
- Broad and deep global offering of currencies available
- Expertise in difficult markets
- No instant online quotes until you have an account setup
Frontierpay exchange rates
Frontierpay’s exchange rates fluctuate regularly with market exchange rates throughout the week. However, as there is no trading on foreign exchange markets from 10pm Friday to 8pm Sunday GMT, the rates offered by Frontierpay will not fluctuate during this time.
The exchange rate you receive for your transaction will be influenced by the following three factors:
- The current exchange rate
- The amount of money you’re transferring
- The currency which you send
Frontierpay can will normally offer better rates than the major banks. The calculator above will provide you with a fairly accurate estimate of Frontierpay rate but you should contact Frontierpay for the best possible rate and solution for your personal circumstances.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Frontierpay?
Nothing! If you send a transfer using Frontierpay, you will not have to pay any fees on your transaction. Other services, such as consulting with a member of Frontierpay’s professional services team and registering for an account, are all free.
What types of transfers can you carry out with Frontierpay?
Frontierpay can tailor a solution to meet your international money transfer requirements, including:
- Fixed Forward.
- Option Dated Forward.
- Multi Forward
- Rate Watch
- Market Orders
- Daily Comments
- High Volume Payments
For more information about the types of transfers on offer with Frontierpay, visit their website or contact a Frontierpay agent.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Frontierpay offer a mass payment solution for international money transfers. Frontierpay are the premier provider of non-bank high volume payments. The minimum amount you can transfer with Frontierpay is £500 and there is no specific limit to the maximum amount you are able to transfer. If you wished to make a large transfer you would need to contact Frontierpay directly.
Frontierpay offers international money transfers in over 140 currencies in over 180 countries. The list of currencies you can purchase using the services of this company, include, but don’t limit to:
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Bahrain Dinar (BHD)
- Barbadian Dollar (BBD)
- British Sterling (GBP)
- Bulgarian Lev (BGN)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Omani Rial (OMR)
- Philippine Peso (PHP)
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
- Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Ghanaian Cedi (GHS)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Jordanian Dinar (JOD)
- Qatari Riyal (QAR)
- Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Jamaican Dollar (JMD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
- US Dollar (USD)
The registration and transfer process
- The first step in the transfer process is setting up a Frontierpay account. This takes a few minutes and is a simple matter of filling out an Account Agreement online.
- You’ll need to provide your personal details and information about your transfer needs, while you can also phone Frontierpay to request a copy of the Account Agreement form.
- Once you have an account you can speak to your personal account manager and select your desired transfer option.
- You’ll then need to set up all the details of your transfer, including details about how much money you’re sending, the currency you’re sending and where the money will be going.
- Once you’ve confirmed the transaction and transferred the necessary funds to Frontierpay, your transaction will be completed within the specified timeframe.
What are the pros and cons of using Frontierpay?
- Personal account manager. You can access help and advice from your personal account manager whenever you need.
- No transfer fees. All foreign exchange payments sent are free of transfer fees and additional charges.
- Transfer options. An extensive range of services from one off transfers to regular mass payments including international payrolls.
- Need to Register. No live quoting on their site until you register.
- No Cash Pickups. Frontierpay only allows bank to bank transfers.
What other products and services does Frontierpay offer?
Frontierpay offers bespoke services to complement the needs of their customers. Contact Frontierpay by phone for more information about their available services.
Frequently asked questions
When you’re looking for a fast and cost-effective way to send an international money transfer, Frontierpay can offer a suitable transfer solution. However, it’s vital that you compare the transfer services offered by several money transfer providers before you choose one company to manage your international payments.